Sign in to follow this  
THE_DOJO_MIKE

Tournament report

I went 4-0 yesterday with blacksmiths at a 20 man event. Will give a recap the best I can (wanted to bring a notepad but forgot) I played captain ferrite all 4 games and kicked off all 4 games (not by choice)

Game 1 vs esters- (esters, quaff, spigot, stoker, stave, mash vs ferrite Cinder Farris Bolt alloy and Hearth)

alloy kicks off and scores after stealing from.spigot Cinder steals the ball and scores again this whole time Esther and stoker are really beating people up take out ferrite and alloy. He kills the ball in my corner I have to use a model coming back on to retrieve it forced my way up to pitch with bolts and scored the game-winner

Game 2 vs ballista (ballista, mother, hoist, velocity, ratchet, compound vs ferrite, iron, hearth, alloy, furnace, cinder)

Kickoff with alloy, ballista retrieves and deadbolts, I position people around and move ferrite and iron to the left. Velocity end ups with the ball and goes to engage ferrite. Alloy stands up using the cinder hot shot on ratchet for momentum. Charges velocity gets the tackle double dodge and sets up for next turn (he is left with 3 health after the bombing round 1). I lose the even momentum roll off and he deadbolts alloy to death and puts up minefield. Ball scatters left of velocity and ferrite. Ferrite with 3 inf, acrobatics, legendary on hearth, furnace, and iron and then sprints and scores a goal and earns a vengence token after a knee slider. Ratchet tools up and over clocks hoist who can get to ferrite. Furnace charges ballista and knocks him down and swings on hoist to get the push making it difficult to free charge ferrite. We made a mistake and let mother put a nest on an obstruction and hoist uses it to get to use the free charge and ferrite counters to disarm.  Compound with the ball walks over to punch furnace and he counter to take off glut mass. Cinder then sprints, hot shots the tackle and scores. Ballista has a bad activation at start of new turn and gets kd right back down, killing 5 influence. Score again later in the turn after alloy steals from compound.

Game 3 vs Thresher Farmers (Thresher, buckwheat, grace, tater, millstone, jackstraw vs ferrite, iron, hearth, alloy, farris, bolt)

I kick off to farmers with alloy and he misses a few passes but the ball ends up on thresher in his own lines. Tater had been moved onto an obstruction to reposition but this of course stopped any counter charge issues i would have to deal with for a turn. Alloy goes in and steals the ball off thresher with a double dodge and makes the goal and runs the length to get near the goal post on the other side of thresher. Thresher then beats on poor alloy until he only has 2-3 health left. We end the turn with blacksmiths up 4-0 but down on momentum. The ball had scattered to my left and grace retrieved it from the woods but decided to stay their for cover and safety. Thresher goes first and kills alloy and bolt for getting to close putting the score to 4-4. Ferrite with a 4 stack then legendaries on iron and hearth which allows her to walk to grace, steal the ball acrobatics to the donkey, disarm it, and pass the ball back to iron who dodges up to within impetus, sprint, and shot range. Tater moves around and gets a mow down on a few models and starts beating on ferrite where she eventually would fall to a donkeys kick(against the grain is really good.) Iron then movies up 12 inches and take s a shot on goal and dodges to get a tap in snapshot ready. 3rd turn sees thresher go again early and put a few damage into hearth and a lot into farris but thresher has the ball at this point and can not afford to keep it on himself so he has to kill it. At this point alloy has come on on my left and bolt on my right and ferrite at my back edge, There is no safe place to kill the ball so he kicks to bolts side but also jackstraw is there. It scatters just out of placement and walk and of jackstraw so I know I have an activation or two before he can get there. I go with hearth and do some momentous KD and heal up farris to 8. The donkey does to help clear the scrum, alloy goes to stop a tater charge into farris and stays engaged. grace goes back towards the goal to give jackstraw quick foot, which means I have to go with bolt and jog, sprint onto the very edge of fast ground. Jackstraw abandons the ball and moves towards the middle of the pitch. I go with iron to trey and ensure I go first by beating on grace. I almost one round her which would have been a terrible thing. I win initiative and go first, bolt jogs 6 and sprints 8, punches grace for a momentous double dodge and scores a 4 dice tap in. 12-6 Blacksmiths. I was ridiculously nervous all game even in a 8-4 lead. Peter Kain is an excellent farmers player and we had a great game. 

Final table was Corsair, Tentacles, greyscales, sakana, hag, jac vs Ferrite, Iron, hearth, alloy, farris, bolt

I kicked off with alloy, ball got retrieved and passed twice ending on hag. I charge with 2 inch reach, +2 net hits, and +1/+0 kick buffed alloy. Get the tackle but not the double dodge. Kick on goal double engaged and miss a 2 dice kick. Corsair eats alloy, ball ends on sakana who walks right down my board edge and onto obstruction. iron go to engage. Sakana starts off the turn dodging away from iron, walking into ferrite and dodging again followed by a 3 dice shot which he also missed. Ferrite and iron start beating on him and get him low on HP. Alloy kicks to Farris to start a goal run but misses (probably a good thing due to rough seas). Corsair goes and flails at ferrite in cover finally getting the KD late in the activation. Farris is now free to move collect the ball and be within 6 the give tutaledge. Bolt walks away from greyscales and uses his free play for i'm open and then walks again to scoring distance. 8-2 bolt gets taken out, and farris gets blasted off the edge to make it 10-6. Farris comes back on and sprints to push off jac with 2 double pushes.

amazing tournament and lots of fun!

Thanks for the read @Rendorin. I am probably going to play them again in a tournament on the 3rd and hopefully post my results soon there after. They seem very good as a goal scoring team and less so as a 6-0, 4-1, or even 2-2 team. 

I have found it quite easy to get the first 8 points but struggle to get the final 4 points. Will be looking forward to the next download to hopefully provide me with a few pointers on how to close the game out.