Sign in to follow this  
Selfy

Ratcatchers Guild

Had anyone noticed that if you google ratcatchers guild you can get a high res image showing the front of Piper the captains card. It also shows that the mascot is a giant rat, graves and bonesaw get a new sculpt, but their cards stay the same. This is all in the ratcatchers launch party pack.

This guy!  I'm not normally a huge fan of the non-balls, but @tehlon I might want the wedge of cheese to kick about.  Now to (im)patiently wait for my Brewers minor guild...Steamforged_GuildBall_articleimage04_Rat

Well, we know they haven't changed in that image. No guarantees they didn't change after that promo art was put together, don't they normally have a "contents may change" warning on?

1 hour ago, Selfy said:

The sixth player is a freaky looking diseased woman.

Apparently called Miasma ... and Squeak the rat! (according to the link DrJekyll posted).

Maybe one of the players (Squeak?) will be able to lay down two sewer grate tokens on the pitch and then move between them as a bonus move?

I was quite looking forward to these, but looking at what we can about Piper's card, and the fact that they have Bonesaw and Skulk seems quite footbally makes me think they are going to be very much a footballing team. Not saying that's a bad thing, but it's not something that interests me. I'll reserve judgement until I see the full team, but I'm less excited than I was.

Cheerio,

Ben

I doubt they'll be a straight football team as we already know from Steamcon what Skulk is like so we know sort of what RC's will be like. They seem to take existing abilities and invert them. And didn't I see at the Keynote some sort of Zombie Katalyst dude (can't remember his name) - I bet he's not very good at football! I'm purely guessing they will subvert your expectations.

1 hour ago, EpicChris said:

I doubt they'll be a straight football team as we already know from Steamcon what Skulk is like so we know sort of what RC's will be like. They seem to take existing abilities and invert them. And didn't I see at the Keynote some sort of Zombie Katalyst dude (can't remember his name) - I bet he's not very good at football! I'm purely guessing they will subvert your expectations.

I hope so. Skulk is a bag of tricks, no doubt. Scourge has me hopeful, but then you might've said similar things about Iron...

Maybe I'm just getting grumpy in my old age. At least I've got God Tear to look forward to, lol.

27 minutes ago, Polipotent said:

I this kit available to preorder? and is there a way to get launch kits without an LGS?

Only stores can order from distributors. 

Pundits can order them from SFG directly. 

If there's one Bonesaw and one Graves in the pack, I wonder if that means they're limited edition models only available as tournament prizes or something? (A bit like the Limited Edition Mist). Guess we'll find out in a month or two!

23 hours ago, Mattyg2787 said:

You could fix your lack of pundit problem

I don't have a very large group.  There are like 4 of us right now. I used to be a press ganger back in the day and I still organize everything so maybe I will look into it though.  Thanks. 

When I became a pundit locally, there was me and one other guy active in the area. 

We just took 5 to an interstate tournament with 2 guys working that day and another on a cruise.

8 minutes ago, Lemminkäinen said:

So the Guild is six new players and two old players? Any idea on how it will be sold in retail? Just the six or all eight (with alt sculpts for the Mort guys)?

They are being sold as 6-player boxes of just the new players. Presumably, they will have a goal, terrain piece, and ball like the other recent 6-player boxes.

For the Ratcatchers, at least, they are releasing alternate models of the two old Morticians players that will play with the new team (Veteran Graves & Bonesaw) with the launch party kit. There doesn't appear to be any other plans to make the older models more available for buyers of the minor guilds.

@Selfy Remember this picture?

DNk2KY3WkAEXJdo.jpg:small

And how everyone was wondering is Ploughman 40mm base now and Buckwheat 50 mm. But turned out everything is fine, just the picture was showing them wrong (not scaled to the size of other models next to them). So I guess "don't trust the picture" is the correct approach in Bonesaw's case there as well. 

8 hours ago, Selfy said:

The new Bonesaw doesn't look like it's on a 50mm base.

We know it's a metal model. That looks like a base topper rather than the whole base to me, so the actual base would be wider. Looks about right for that to me.

On 1/14/2018 at 9:48 AM, Polipotent said:

I don't have a very large group.  There are like 4 of us right now. I used to be a press ganger back in the day and I still organize everything so maybe I will look into it though.  Thanks. 

When I became a pundit there was 3 of us.