Selfy

Ratcatchers Guild

@Grenoir beat me too it. A ten pound jump is not on. The metal six player boxes are £45. Yes you get scenery/terrain in the plastics, but you did in the Farmers and 'smiths sets and they were £35.

I think they might have priced me out of this one. But I do like them so we'll see but yeah... very unpalatable. 

I agree, a £10 increase is pretty heavy (and surprising).

But... this is one retailer doing preorders for a product that I’ve not seen any other prices for. And since I’ve seen enough other times with other games where some store or other has put something up for preorder and gotten the price wrong, I’m going to hold judgement on this one for the moment (granted, I’ve also see unexpected and sizeable price jumps that turned out to be true).

Need to see more stores showing prices, closer to release. Or preferably SFGs price for it. Then I’ll worry!

@Mako fair point, that. He says it was priced that way on the information he received from SFG but we have no other pricing to compare it to. 

Consider my knee de-jerked. 

edit - and now re-jerked :lol:

Edited by Lee
THE PRICING!

The £10 increase is a bit of a head scratcher. It's the exact same product as Farmers/Blacksmiths but less convenient as you still need to go find a Bonesaw & Graves. 

Galleon Games has just posted the same price for the Ratcatchers, so, I'm not sure why the price has been increased, but it looks like this is the price from SFG.

It's a bit sad to see the price go up in the pvc line, while it does have a little terrain piece and a goal it's not a very good deal at all. Because it's still pvc. Steamforged has a really great metal line, it's sad to see it replaced at all but even more so with the exact same costing pvc. 

1 minute ago, Furnace said:

It's a bit sad to see the price go up in the pvc line, while it does have a little terrain piece and a goal it's not a very good deal at all. Because it's still pvc. Steamforged has a really great metal line, it's sad to see it replaced at all but even more so with the exact same costing pvc. 

Completely agree!  And £10 is a huge jump in price - nearly 29%

Oh man that is a shame. They're good quality for pre-built plastics (and I was really lucky with my 'smiths, they're pretty much faultless apqrt from the odd bendy blade/polo hammer) but for that price I'd rather have top quality metals.

That said, I hate building GB minis so I'm actually conflicted! Does the price make up for time spent/rage accumulated on building metals?! 

I love the dice though. I'd never see the logo the way I roll, but they look great.

It seems that on facebook anyways some retailers are saying the alt sculpt is free? Maybe that is the reason for the price hike? they are just folding the alt sculpt into the price of the product if you preorder from a retailer?

Just now, Polipotent said:

It seems that on facebook anyways some retailers are saying the alt sculpt is free? Maybe that is the reason for the price hike? they are just folding the alt sculpt into the price of the product if you preorder from a retailer?

It's not really free though if it's embedded in the price hike.. And it's not alternative either in that case.. :D 

8 minutes ago, Furnace said:

It's not really free though if it's embedded in the price hike.. And it's not alternative either in that case.. :D 

Talk to the retailer. Maybe they will separate it after launch etc. 

So across the pond over here my local retailer is showing both Blacksmith's and Ratcatcher boxes at the same price point so we're not having the same pricing issues you chaps are?

6 minutes ago, Zerachial said:

So across the pond over here my local retailer is showing both Blacksmith's and Ratcatcher boxes at the same price point so we're not having the same pricing issues you chaps are?

Probably because ours are not lumping in the alt sculpt models. 

8 minutes ago, Zerachial said:

This is getting confusing now  :D

Edit: if all of ours are charging extra for the alt sculpt, that still doesn’t explain Leodis - who have a £45 box without the alt, and a £48.50 box with it! Something just isn’t adding up

The prices I saw were £45 rrp without the alt sculpt 

Ten pound price hike to make a pvc box the same price as a metal box is disappointing 

Ok a bit more info - I looked into this deeper and there *is* a price bump of $10 between blacksmiths and rat catchers, but my local retailer is discounting the box sets differently to make them both the same price in store....