Sign in to follow this  
Edek

Midas post-nerf? Little buff pls?

After the last errata there was a huge shift in the Alchemist captain selection. It seems like almost in every matchup Smoke feels like a better choice. Was thinking about what could be done to him to bring him back a bit and not make him insane again. The Def5+ Arm1 stats were insane and I'm ok with them gone. Light Footed isn't that important, Lure of Gold being OPT is still good. The thing I miss most is Super Shot, but I guess giving it back isn't really an option. Was thinking if giving Midas +1/+2" Kick when using his Legendary is ok. It's really annoying when you miss your Legendary Play goal, and every little bit of help is great. Apart from giving you better Kick, this also allows for better positioning to get more people within 4" to spread out Snared. Since there are rumours about an errata somewhere in the future maybe @Steamforged can take a look here and think about it? :P 

I’m so used to the nerfs at this point. I still find Midas to be a solid captain. I’ve used him exclusively since the nerf myself. 

The ONLY thing I think needs to be changed is his legendary. It’s garbage. I understand that he was given a garbage legendary when he was super OP, but now he’s (in many people’s opinion) a below average captain, he should have a decent legendary. 

The name is thematic but the ability doesn’t really fit the name. His “great work” is to snare some people IF he scores?

The GOAL is the magnum opus? And people watching it are... down 1 Def and move a lil less because why?

SBrisket kind of already has that going for her thematically. 

One idea for a legendary would be for him to be able to turn burden tokens into “Blind” until end of turn. 

He’s still spending influence, it hits on a 3 so, it’s hardly a statistical guarantee on anything barring a charge or low Def model. It’s thematic and, I don’t think it’s too OP. 

I find it more interesting than mass snare, at the very least.

theres lots of more thematic and interesting legendaries imo 

Id like to see the legendary buffed, if not completely changed. Post nerf he's not the same character that we started with in S3. I like the idea of boosting his kick dice on the legendary, but I'd also include an increase to his melee zone, making his ball recovery and UM better. 

(what I'd really like to see is that his LP just steals an opponents character play, similar but better than his og true rep) 

I've been running midas more recently. He's definitely still good. I do think his legendary could do with a little boost. Especially if you compare it to shark and seasoned brisket who are the other goal focused captains. Personally I think he could be a 4/8 kick too. He is a striker captain.

Midas is fine. He is almost as strong as he was before the nerf. You are under valuing the legendary. The fact that it lasts across the turn line is very good. What Midas actually needs is 1-2 players that support him well. 

The midas nerf was fine what destroyed him as a captain was losing Harry and Vitriol. Decimate helps but she is a far cry from being as strong as Harry was and Vitriol losing her ability to fight is a pretty big deal. If Venin or Mercury gets a buff and they become higher tac pushing, knockdown, fighting models Midas will make a big come back. 

I would just hate to see a buff for our faction wasted on a good mini when we have other ones that desperately need it. 

Can anyone suggest to me some tactics or tec for using midas?

I've just started Alcs and i'm pretty happy with Smoke, both in scoring or condition game. I went 2-1 at Sheffield Team tournament (great day) only losing to Jay clare's Thresher. But i picked Smoke every game because i don't feel i can do a lot with midas.

Any suggestions?

He doesn't have the immediate goal threat that smoke does, and she makes good use of the AOEs. So what is he doing? 

TIA

Unsurprisingly I agree with @TheCurkov (Almost like he knows the guild or something) I don't think the Midas nerf is the real problem (though I think he could of done with losing Super shot OR The +1 ARM from Heroic, but that's another topic) it was that that the nerf came with a sweeping nerf to a core of the 3 players Alchemists were using. 

Midas went from a super striker who was survivable (arguably too much) to being neither survivable or necessarily that even good of a striker. Vitriol again was too versatile and I totally understand  that she needed to lose what she did but I don't understand why she only needed 10 health. 

Harry was too good at everything and has been moved into a purely crowd control role. 

I don't think Alchemists are in a bad spot (One thing that doesn't help is the Farmers match up seems fairly helpless and they're just so popular right now) and I think they can still do serious work. I know one of the players in the top 10 of Belgian Nationals was Alchemists and locally they won the 2nd to last event I went to and took 2nd at the last event I attended.

I think once Thresher & co seems some changes Alchemists will feel a bit of relief but I still think they're in B tier of Guilds. 

If changes were to be made I'd rather see changes to players like Venin or Crucible to make them options for the 10 man roster.