Jump to content

Recommended Posts

If Skulk declares a counter attack and the attacking model selects a dodge on there playbook that takes them out of his melee range, but still within the 6 inch aura of Lightning Reflexes, can he use lightning reflex to engage the attacking model and still get his counter attack?

My understanding of the sequence of an attack timing says yes since both would trigger at step 4, After the Attack is Resolved, then it is up to the controlling player to decide the order in which they are resolved. Is that correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Resolving the Attacking model's playbook results takes place at Step 2.5 (Select Playbook results). Lightning reflexes is triggered and resolved after the dodge is resolved, so still during Step 2.5.

The Counter-attack occurs at Step 4, as you said, well after Skulk has dodged back in range...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spinsane said:

Resolving the Attacking model's playbook results takes place at Step 2.5 (Select Playbook results). Lightning reflexes is triggered and resolved after the dodge is resolved, so still during Step 2.5.

The Counter-attack occurs at Step 4, as you said, well after Skulk has dodged back in range...

If Lightning Reflexes happens before step 3, Check for Taken Out, then if he has possession of the ball and the enemy dodge away while damaging him to Zero hit points you could trigger lighting reflexes and choose a spot between them to scatter the ball from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nasty Butler said:

If Skulk declares a counter attack and the attacking model selects a dodge on there playbook that takes them out of his melee range, but still within the 6 inch aura of Lightning Reflexes, can he use lightning reflex to engage the attacking model and still get his counter attack?

My understanding of the sequence of an attack timing says yes since both would trigger at step 4, After the Attack is Resolved, then it is up to the controlling player to decide the order in which they are resolved. Is that correct?

As @Spinsane correctly points out the dodge would be resolved in Step 2.5 of the Attack sequence, as woudl the Lightning Reflexes jog as it happens immediately after the dodge ends.

Skulk would counter attack, if able, after the original Attack is resolved in Step 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Nasty Butler said:

If Lightning Reflexes happens before step 3, Check for Taken Out, then if he has possession of the ball and the enemy dodge away while damaging him to Zero hit points you could trigger lighting reflexes and choose a spot between them to scatter the ball from.

No, if Skulk has the ball and is at 0 HP then the scatter occurs when he is taken out at step 3. So long as he is not engaged, Skulk could give up possession of the ball whilst carrying out the jog from Lightning Reflexes, but this is a place and the ball will not scatter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Henry

But he could only give it up if that occurred during his own activation, as you can only unsnap during your activation, correct?

And I think what Nasty Butler meant was not unsnap but just jog to a place where the scatter then happens from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×