Snow

Who do you take into farmers?

First few tourneys with union in February/March and would like some feedback on my lineup.

Main six:

vRage, Strongbox, Benediction, Mist, Gutter, Decimate. 

Planning to outkill everybody except farmers. Need to round out my ten with four pieces that will give me a strong footballing six, aiming for 3-0, maybe 2-2.

Blackheart/Brisket. 

I understand Blackheart is stronger and more flexible, but currently tending toward Brisket to try and quickly bang in three goals before I get Threshered! 

The footballing six into farmers 

Initial thought :

sBrisket, Coin, Benediction, Mist, Hemlocke, Grace 

So those are the four I've added to make a pseudo - fifteen influence 3-0 six into farmers. Grace gives me healing, quickfoot, influence and I love the flexibility of effectively being able to load her with five influence to travel /generate momentum /retrieve the ball /score.

Hemlocke is there to potentially blind thresher and generally provide ranged annoyance with her poison aoe against clustered farmers. 

I guess both have potential utility into some matchups for vRage too, although I'm not sure quite when I'd use them or who I'd swap out from my main six. 

Do you agree /disagree with any of these choices /thoughts? Would appreciate any feedback, thanks! 

Errrmmm not convinced on Grace in the football team, why not Decimate? She is really reliable, brings second wind and has a Tackle double dodge that's momentous. Hemlock is good but using noxious blast seems a bit pointless especially if they have Harrow. He'll just group heal the 2 damage from poison every turn.

Personally my sBrisket team always has Grace because of all the reasons you mentioned.  I usually would do:

sBrisket, Coin, Mist, Grace, Gutter, A&G.

A&G and Gutter gives me a chance to get some damage, while sBrisket/Mist and in a pinch, Grace, can easily get 2 goals.  If you want to go pure goals, then replace A&G with Decimate because she's fast and can just bounce around people with her dodges.

My Brisket 6 are turtle (because I don't take 2 mascots in my 10 ever) decimate, benediction/ harry, mist, and hemlock/ gutter/ harry.   This is normally a 3-0 game where I can dominate the middle with 2inch pushes and score from the edges. Alternatively, If the ball gets killed then the influence can go to decimate and she can crank out 4-7 momentum while putting out 8-14 damage with crowd outs from the 2 inchers. My last game actually ended 12-10 going 4-1 because of how well my opponent hid the ball. Fun group to play with as well. 

My usual Brisket team is Strongbox, Mist, Decimate, Benediction/Harry, Minx/Hemlocke. Benediction usually doesn’t get influence often, just crowd outs and give Mist 2” dodges. Harry comes in for control, but needs influence most turns. 

Haven’t seen love for Minx yet in the thread, she’s one of my favorites for the team. Can get things done with no influence, puts out defense debuffs, marked target, and sometimes has just a rediculous charge range. With her and Decimate, you can sometimes pull out a few kills if needed, or just lower defenses to get deeper in your playbooks. Hemlocke comes in sometimes in her place, but she does ask for more influence. Minx gives 2, and only takes 2 sometimes, letting you load up your other players.

On 09/01/2018 at 5:54 PM, Totes McAwesome said:

Errrmmm not convinced on Grace in the football team, why not Decimate? She is really reliable, brings second wind and has a Tackle double dodge that's momentous. Hemlock is good but using noxious blast seems a bit pointless especially if they have Harrow. He'll just group heal the 2 damage from poison every turn.

Interesting. Will definitely have a look at Decimate, she's already in my rage six anyway. I do like Grace in a footballing team despite her low kick, because of her speed, ball retrieval and influence. She may not be optimum for football, but I'm looking at a specifically anti farmers team and feel that her healing could be useful in denying kills too.

15 hours ago, tunapoots said:

My usual Brisket team is Strongbox, Mist, Decimate, Benediction/Harry, Minx/Hemlocke. Benediction usually doesn’t get influence often, just crowd outs and give Mist 2” dodges. Harry comes in for control, but needs influence most turns. 

Haven’t seen love for Minx yet in the thread, she’s one of my favorites for the team. Can get things done with no influence, puts out defense debuffs, marked target, and sometimes has just a rediculous charge range. With her and Decimate, you can sometimes pull out a few kills if needed, or just lower defenses to get deeper in your playbooks. Hemlocke comes in sometimes in her place, but she does ask for more influence. Minx gives 2, and only takes 2 sometimes, letting you load up your other players.

I love Minx from playing hunters but union have so many good choices! 

Do we think brisket is a stronger choice into farmers then? I don't have much chance to practise against them unfortunately. 

Seems like route one is a big tool for brisket, but ranged character plays are so unreliable. Tried bonus timed route one on Skatha last night and missed it, leaving me with four wasted influence. So it seems a very "swingy" play. Okay, Skatha's Def 5 but I'm guessing farmers will kill the ball with Jackstraw. Perhaps Blackheart could be more reliable with the right goalscoring support?

I'm just after the best lineup into farmers rather than being necessarily stuck on brisket. 

I've thought about Minx alot in this match up and I have concluded that it's probably not worth it. You only have one source of Snared which Millstone and Peck can just hoover up. Then you arrive hoping she hits the Screeching banshee which is still fairly difficult. 

However I'm not totally against the idea and may give it a go against Farmers if the opportunity presents itself tomorrow. 

I had my first game into farmers yesterday, took vRage since he’s the captain I’m most familiar with. Ran Rage, Strongbox, Benediction, Mist, Gutter, Minx; lost 12-5. Killed Thresher beginning of turn 2, but a 5 defense Tater against Minx and Gutter ruined my day. Any knock downs or snared went to Millstone, so he stayed def 5 most of the game against them. Eventually Thresher made his way back in and mopped up my models that Tator had weakened with his aoe charging. Should’ve healed more than I did.

If I run Rage into Farmers again, tempted to try out A&G, since the Farmers mainly ran over into me.

We have a decent regular Farmer player, so I get games against him quite frequently. I’ve found from bitter experience that you can’t outfight them, so no point trying. They have too much health and healing abilities, so my primary strategy for beating them would be football. Nobody does football better than Blackheart. Yup, not even Brisket. 

While Brisket has some nice stats, she’ll not likely be able to get a second goal. Blackheart will get you a goal and threaten another pretty much straight off the bat. Go with him. Your mascot choice is really up to yourself and depends on what you’re looking for. Box is best with VRage but works with Blackheart. Coin works for both and extra inf is nice. 

So, you have your captain and mascot sorted. Time to fill out the rest of your team. I’d say that Mist and Decimate are a shoe-in at this point. Mist is the best non-captain striker in the game, Decimate is phenomenally manouverable and able to steal the ball and get it to your goal scorers (Blackheart, Mist) or run and hide it in the corner in time for the next turn. Also, she’s able to provide you with a guaranteed 1-4-1 momentum, often more. This helps you control who gets to pick the initiative phase. 

After that I like to pick flex slots and this really depends on personal preference. Harry or Benny are good as one choice, giving you extra range on your goal-threats and both providing some decent abilities and are generally ok to be left unguarded for a turn or two (although be careful thinking that Harry is safe - Thresher will happily take him out in one activation). 

Lastly, I like to go for a support piece. This can either be Hemlocke (although I wouldn’t recommend Blind on Thresher - he can kill you easily without the extra Tac. Harry’s Goad is a better control tactic) or Snakeskin/Minx. Snakers is another pretty decent midfielder, able to steal the ball from miles away and get it to a goal-scorer. She’s a bit soft though for my liking, so I would rather opt for Minx. Free charges, able to get a goal from the starting line for 1 inf (with some set up), great for hit-and-run tactics that farmers hate. Try her out. 

My my best recommendation for dealing with Farmers is not to play their game. They love teams that clump up and go at them together (Brewers, Butchers, VRage Union), so do the complete opposite - spread out and don’t give them more than 1 model for Thresher to attack each activation. That way you’ll bleed points much slower than they can earn them. The Farmers greatest weakness is that they have almost zero tech for Ball defence - they can’t stop you from getting the ball from them.  Use that to your advantage.

Good luck 

B)