Sign in to follow this  
bastus

Snap timing

Can a model snap the ball at any point of its move, as long as it remain within 1" of the ball, or has it to snap the ball at the point It get within 1"?

For example: In order to snap the ball I have to enter in an enemy model's melee zone. I get within 1" of the ball while still in enemy range so I decide to not snap the ball so I can aboid been tackled in a parting blow. When I pass through the melee zone I'm still within 1" of the ball so I snap It at that point and continue my way.

Correctly done? I guess so, cause if not I could always pass the ball and return within 1" to snap it. But there's still that little doubt and haven't found clarification (surely It shouldn't be needed, sorry :p)

A model that starts its activation or moves within [1”] of a free-ball may choose to take possession of the ball-marker; the ball-marker will immediately snap to that model.

So it's your choice, nothing forces you to snap the ball the very moment you get within 1" of it. It was correctly played in your example: as long as you can make a movement after the parting blow and get within 1" of the ball, you can snap it.