Sign in to follow this  
GamertagSJ

Farmer's Metal/ Resin?

Is there any chance we might get a Metal or Resin release for the PVC teams? The PVC for the Farmer's was better than I expected, but it's still sorely lacking when compared to the kind of detail of metal models - and I have to say SFG have some of the best metal models on the market. I'm a big fan of the Farmer's and would very much love a set that I can put a ton of time and attention into painting and not be hampered by soft details and terrible mold lines. Any other's feeling the same?

There's the metal Millstone model coming out that you can pre-order with the Old Father's Harvest second farmer's box. There'll also be a metal Bolt available to pre-order with the second blacksmiths. I don't think I'd expect whole teams any time soon though.

I too would rather buy the models in metal as Steamforged has very convincing metal work, they details etc are very good. It isn't so in the PVC models. 

I too prefer metal. I would also like to be able to assemble them myself. That way I could paint the pieces that will be difficult to reach before assembly. If the plastics came unassembled it might be ok with being forced into PVC models. If I can't assemble them then they are just game pieces and not models.

3 hours ago, Barbercat said:

I too prefer metal. I would also like to be able to assemble them myself. That way I could paint the pieces that will be difficult to reach before assembly. If the plastics came unassembled it might be ok with being forced into PVC models. If I can't assemble them then they are just game pieces and not models.

You may be pleased to hear that if you like painting/modelling, there is going to be lots of choice going forward. Currently there are lots of teams available in metal from season 1/2 (fish, butchers, alchemists etc.) These are going to be replaced over the course of the next year or two by unassembled resin models, which is the material of choice for many painters. We've just seen the first of these new resin teams released, a set of new sculpts for the morticians team now on the webstore.

So if you like metal, buy the old teams up before they're replaced, and if you like resin, there'll be lots of teams available in that over coming years too. And those who don't like building models can collect the PVC minor guilds ... three or four teams a year.

(Apologies if you know all this already. Since it was your first post, I thought I'd reply in case it was helpful.)