• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
Sign in to follow this  
Dracan27

Need Help !!!!!

I am having a hard time finding any shop in my area to play where I don’t have to drive an hour to two hours away. There are a lot of game stores in the area, but they usually just play magic the gathering and the owners don’t want anything other than that there. does anyone have any positive ideas of what I can do?  or should I just sale all my stuff and play something else? Feeling discouraged.

Okay, first of all, where are you from? Perhaps there are guys you don't know about lurking somewhere.

Secondly, try non-gamestore locations. Perhaps there is a bar or pub for nerds, or nerd cafe? They'll probably gladly host you if you play, bring friends and buy food/drink from them. We mostly have MTG-only shops where I live,and we mostly play in our rented hobby-space, but thats not gonna help you get new players.

Tip: If place organises boardgame nights, you'll probably get players there.

According to http://steamforged.com/pundits/ there are pundits in the Tampa area, Orlando, Palm Bay, and Ocala (though that list isn't updated frequently and may be out of date). Phil from Guild Ball Tonight is from the Tampa area, I believe, so I imagine there are players there.

If those places are too far away, then it may just be up to you to drum up some action :)

How to build a new GB meta in 5 easy steps:

1) Buy some GB stuff. At least 2 6 man teams. PAINT EVERYTHING TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY.

2) Recruit a good friend who is also interested in the game.

3) Find a local store and ask if they wouldn't mind you and your friend played for a few hours once a week, preferably on a night which hosts other war games

4) SHOW UP EVERY WEEK! seriously, keep showing up. People will see the cool painted minis / low model count and start asking you questions.

5) PROMOTE AND RUN DEMOS for these interested people. Before you know it you'll have a small little group on your hands. After that I'd talk to the store about carrying product / having an official GB night / running events.