Sign in to follow this  
EpicChris

Granite should have Protective Instinct - Discuss

I really feel that Fallow is Granite 2.0. If Granite had protective instinct (you have to attack Granite if engaging her) she would actually work as intended. 

Thoughts? Would PI make Granite more popular? 

It's be pretty great, but as you say it'd feel a bit like Fallow transplanted to Masons. Granite does have different playbook, stats and DAM I suppose (6 TAC with :KD: on 2, compared to Fallows 3 TAC). Sturdy might make a difference there too.

But then again, anything to get her playable right? This would get her on the table, and that low MOV and lack of countercharge would keep her non-auto.

Right now, she's a condition and damage sponge, not as much a tar pit, which is one reason why fast teams are her weakness. Anything thrown at her, is one less thing thrown at your heavy lifters. So when a fast team doesn't bother with engaging her and thus don't take the bait, they not only stay out of her reach but also don't waste an action/CP doing so. And so she is situational piece.

And as Mason players, we are not fans of situational pieces. 

I also think that SF loves to make the Masons into puzzle pieces. They offer us up a piece that's a tool box, but don't spell out how to use the tools, letting the coaches to figure out what they had planned. It sort of frustrates us coaches since other teams usually have more straightforward designs. 

Then again, from Granite's fluff, I envisioned her to be much more like Hearth from Blacksmiths than what we got.