So this has been a rock in my shoe for some time now and I haven't seen it officially addressed. Per rulings that have happened in the past, a re-roll can never be re-rolled for any reason.

So in Nationals my round 1 opponent and I tied our initiative roll re-rolled the dice then tied again. Per this previous ruling, the game cannot progress in any way. I asked the judge and he told me to re-roll again. (which is how I would rule it.) What's going on with this? Is the initiative roll immune to this rule or is Match Fixing a good card again? 

From the Collected Clarifications:

Re-roll:- Unless specified, a re-roll may not be further re-rolled.

Normally you can't re-roll a re-roll, but the Initiative phase does tell you to re-roll tied results. Keep rolling until someone has a higher net-initiative roll. (we anticipated this one, which is why the "unless specified" wording is there:D)

6 hours ago, Henry said:

From the Collected Clarifications:

Re-roll:- Unless specified, a re-roll may not be further re-rolled.

Normally you can't re-roll a re-roll, but the Initiative phase does tell you to re-roll tied results. Keep rolling until someone has a higher net-initiative roll. (we anticipated this one, which is why the "unless specified" wording is there:D)

I think that is a pretty far leap. If it said re-roll failed kicks that would negate the roll two. I all honesty I just want this ruling to go away it only applies to three things in the game currently; Initiative, Match Fixing, and Cabbage Punt. It breaks one, makes one rule go from ok to bad, and it fixes the third.