Siskey

Irish Guild Ball Championship 2018

Hey there sports fans!

It is my great pleasure to announce that the Irish Guild Ball Championship will be taking place on the 5th and 6th of May 2018 in Dublin. This year the Championship will be running as its own event in the Teachers Club on Parnell Square.

Since last year's Championship, we've seen the release of Season 3, and the Farmers and the Blacksmiths have arrived. By May the Minor Guilds will have started to appear. Last year's Champion was Fraser McFetridge playing the Alchemists. Who will win this year??

The winner of the Irish Championship will receive complementary entry to SteamCon (UK) and an invitation to the World Championship. If we have at least 30 paid sign ups before the event takes place, Steamforged Games Ltd will also cover the SteamCon (UK) flight and hotel costs for the winner. Thanks to them for that!

So what's the next step for you? Well, first thing is to get your ticket. Tickets are €35 and you can purchase them via PayPal to quentinmcsiskey@gmail.com.

You will receive a receipt when you make your purchase. Please label your payment with the comment "Irish Guild Ball Championship" and indicate which Guild you will be playing. You can change your mind before the event.

If you've got any questions, drop me a line at the same email address.

The Facebook event for the Championship is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/175446419725963/

The Irish Guild Ball Facebook group is here, for those of you who would like to join in the fun and speculation: https://www.facebook.com/groups/192049721358585/

Peace out
Eoin
Tournament Organiser

Really looking  forward to this. I realise that a lot of people will attend from over seas. I have looked at flights from the UK to Ireland on these dates and they are very cheap at the moment. I'm sure that it is the same for those attending from other parts of Europe. 

Book tickets early though as the spaces are limited to 32. 

Really thinking about visiting you guys. I guess it would be 2 games on the Sunday, would it probable to make it to a plane at 17:45? If google maps didn't lie to me, it looked like a 20min ride to the airport, and 2 games should end after about 2h so 2-3p.m we should be done, am I right?

Hi Edek!

It'd be great to see you there. I put the event schedule up today on our website: https://irishguildballchampionship.wordpress.com/2018/01/09/event-schedule-published/

What we're doing is cutting to a Top 4 on Sunday, and those not in the finals will be playing a 4-player tournament, 2 rounds which are scheduled to end at 3.50pm, starting at 11am and with an hour lunch break. 

Depending on flights and stuff, if things are looking terribly inconvenient for people that schedule is subject to change.

If I can help at all with your arrangements let me know.

Eoin

Tournament Organiser

13 tickets sold so far out of 32!

Awesome! 3:50pm means we would be about 16:20 at the airport, almost 1,5h before the flight, which seems more than enough. I'm trying a small squad from Poland to visit you guys :)

That'd be fantastic! If I can do anything to help with accommodation let me know. Our venue has some of the cheapest food and drink in Dublin, still not quite €1 pints unfortunately!

For those who are paid monthly the end of the month is finally coming. Please note that there are  only 15 tickets left for this event in May. Please look at flights ( if overseas) and book your tickets early. There are a limited number of tickets. 

Hi Siskey, a couple of the Scots want to know if Vets from the Exiles box will be allowed in the rosters? Some folks have early releases from Salute this weekend, but I know general release is 2wks after the event! Cheers pal, Iain

Since Its a Official Tournament on the World Circuit, need to follow the OPD which Is no using pre release miniatures.

Hi all,

I've checked with the powers that be and since everyone won't have access to the Exiles I've decided not to allow them in rosters for the main Championship tournament.

For those that don't make it through to the second day, however, I will give a chance to use them in the smaller tournaments running alongside the Top 4. If the other players in your 4-player pod agree you'll be able to use them for 2 games on Sunday. I hope that's fair enough, looking forward to seeing how they work! 

Cheers

Eoin