Beardminis

Guild Ball in North London

I’m trying to find more North London Guild ballers, those I have found play either outside of London or in South London. I travel 90 minutes and pay £12 rail fare for each game. Trying to seeing if there is a better solution.

(Apologies if wrong sub forum, couldn’t see a more appropriate location but please move if appropriate)

Well I work in Central London and travel north to get home so so if you have a handy venue in mind, such as it is, you can add me to a list of people that could possibly swing by.

56 minutes ago, cacklad said:

Well I work in Central London and travel north to get home so so if you have a handy venue in mind, such as it is, you can add me to a list of people that could possibly swing by.

I can help you. We've got 2 groups on train line out of Euston: one is in Hemel and we meet on a Monday evening, and the second is a shop in Tring and I'm running Guild Ball nights on a Tuesday evening. If you are interested in either, I can give you some more details.

25 minutes ago, ningu said:

If you are interested in either, I can give you some more details.

I think we've had that conversation via FB already? 😉 Just been too busy to get along to Hemel yet...

5 minutes ago, cacklad said:

I think we've had that conversation via FB already? 😉 Just been too busy to get along to Hemel yet...

Possibly, can't blame me for trying though 😁

17 hours ago, ningu said:

I can help you. We've got 2 groups on train line out of Euston: one is in Hemel and we meet on a Monday evening, and the second is a shop in Tring and I'm running Guild Ball nights on a Tuesday evening. If you are interested in either, I can give you some more details.

Thanks for coming back to mebut this is hopefully what I’m trying to avoid. I travel an hour and a half already within London for my closest store and whilst I’ve heard great things about your community, travelling further doesn’t help (although I’ll be sure to get out there for tournaments). Ideally looking for something within the North Circular.

18 hours ago, cacklad said:

I’m trying to find one but sadly best I’ve found so far has £10 table fees or the store has no interest in miniatures games. Will keep you informed If I do find a solution however! :) 

The biggest store in central London is Dark Sphere, near Waterloo/Lambeth North. But their website doesn't show any Bolts in stock any more:

http://darksphere.co.uk/c.php?c=1514

Note that they usually show the stock in store that you can pick up on the day, or the stock for dispatch (kept in a warehouse elsewhere) that you can order via mail, or to be picked up (after a delay) from the store.

You can pre-order Ratcatchers with Alt-Piper here: http://darksphere.co.uk/c.php?c=1521

The Outpost in Sheffield (only a few hours from London!) were advertising a set of Bolts on the Guild Ball supporters facebook, but also seem to have sold out now: http://the-outpost.co.uk/our-products/miniatures/guild-ball/Blacksmiths-Guild/The-Blacksmiths-Guild-Alternative-Bolt

It might now be a case of checking ebay, or hoping he gets re-released.

Edit: Might be worth a phone call to a store to check if the website is correct, or there's anything spare lying around.