Sign in to follow this  
Mattyg2787

Morticians 10

So I've got 2 events on this month where I'm taking my morts. 

I'm stuck at 11 players with both skulk and mist available.

My current list is (i do have everything)

Obby,

Dirge

Graves1

Ghast

Casket

Cosset

Bonesaw

Mist

Skulk

Silence

Brainpan and memory

I know bonesaw is a questionable choice but I like unexpected arrival vs a few teams including farmers and blacksmiths.  Plus he can straight up score if I receive taking him off victim stats.  

Everything else should be straight forward.  Look forward to your thoughts

Might be a unpopular opinion but I'd be leaving Ghast at home these days. Though If I'm honest in the above 10 I'd drop Bonesaw, while we can take Mist I think he's just a better Bonesaw. 

I think Bonesaw is the one to remove there. While hes not awful Mist is generally more reliable as a striker. There is a case for getting used to playing him as Ratcatchers aren't far away and Mist will soon not be an option. You tend to need only one out and out striker as Morts captains can act as pseudo-strikers in their own right.

Completely disagree on Ghast, he is gold in some matches. 2" reach and easy access to KD in a guild that doesn't have it widely available is good. His traits are great into some matches, Blacksmiths in particular don't care much for his Fear.

I'd miss Scalpel from your list but she doesn't suit everyone's playstyle.

Looks like a solid list of 10. I probably wouldn't make any changes. If you wanted to include Scalpel, I would drop Bonesaw, unless you see yourself running both Mist and Bonesaw in some comps. 

57 minutes ago, Mattyg2787 said:

That's 11 at the moment

Oops. No wonder it looked like such a solid set of models. ;)

My inclination would still be to lose Bonesaw, unless you find you're running him with Mist a lot.

Another idea is to drop Cosset. I'm not sure how she has been working for you. I think she's a great damage source and Lure can be awesome. Both of those create a good bit of threat. However, I find her fragility can be a major liability.  Even when she scores a take-out, it can often end up being just a 1 for 1 trade as the enemy can easily pick her off with little investment afterwards. 

The ten I have been running is as follows

Obulus

Scalpel

Dirge

Casket

Cosset

Brainpan/Memory

Ghast

Graves

Skulk

Silence

I may regret Ghast, but feel like against Blacksmiths he hurts them with their lower influence pool, also teams who want to do multiple character plays with certain players, and the rising anger has came in clutch during some games where he is played. No true striker is what hurts me most, can't figure out how to clear a spot for Mist, he was in the spot I had Silence, but with lower defense teams Silence has been a big swing player for me. I use Scalpel and Obulus as my main scorer of goals in either of my builds for six players. 

20 hours ago, DrDoak said:

Another idea is to drop Cosset. I'm not sure how she has been working for you. I think she's a great damage source and Lure can be awesome. Both of those create a good bit of threat. However, I find her fragility can be a major liability.  Even when she scores a take-out, it can often end up being just a 1 for 1 trade as the enemy can easily pick her off with little investment afterwards. 

I like giving Cosset reanimate with Scalpel, it makes her a bit less of a 1-1 trade :)

Course, it’s not perfect, and you do need to try and get her loose before she gets really battered, but it’s saved her for a turn and I’ve been able to then get her to dodge out and charge back in with sufficient inf.

21 hours ago, DrDoak said:

Another idea is to drop Cosset.

I could never drop Cosset from my roster. The opportunity to mess players around with both Lure and Puppet Master is just too damn attractive. Her burst damage is amaze when you can arrange the table just so, but the possibility of moving the other players toys around is just sublime.

EDIT - drop Bonesaw.