Sign in to follow this  
AaronWilson.

Your favourite 6.

So we all have our golden 6's, our happy places. What are yours?

Mine are..

Theron, Fahad, Jaecar, Zarola, oHearne & Minx. Skatha, Fahad, Ulfr, Seenah, Minx, Zarola. 

I really love those two line ups above! 

54 minutes ago, ForestRambo said:

Theron, Fahad, Jaecar, Zarola, oHearne & Minx.

I don't play Hunters myself but my friend does and he runs with that line up, it's quite effective. 

30 minutes ago, Furnace said:

I don't play Hunters myself but my friend does and he runs with that line up, it's quite effective. 

Yeah I'm a big fan of it. Feels like it has everything I want from the line up and it fits my playstyle perfectly. 

8 minutes ago, ForestRambo said:

Yeah I'm a big fan of it. Feels like it has everything I want from the line up and it fits my playstyle perfectly. 

It seems like a fun team to play, might try it once my friend swaps over from Hunters to Union. Not a fan of mirror matches. :D

Theron/Skatha
Fahad
Egret
vHearne
Jaecar
Minx

But I can lose my games with a wide variety of other builds in the same manner.

Theron, Fahad, oHearne, Jaecar, Minx, Egret is probably my favorite. Egret will switch out to Zarola/Seenah depending on what I’m feeling that day. Easily the most fun I have playing this game. 

Skatha, Fahad, Jaecar, Zarola, Minx, Seenah is probably my most comfortable team. It's fun spreading out three Furious models and making the other team try and stop all of them when Zarola can just shift them around :)

6 minutes ago, Totes McAwesome said:

I pretty much agree with your list except no Jaecar with Skatha. For me it's always Jaecar.. Just always.. No it's buts or maybes.

That's because you're terrible. 

28 minutes ago, Penguin Warrior said:

Skatha, Fahad, Jaecar, Zarola, Minx, Seenah is probably my most comfortable team. It's fun spreading out three Furious models and making the other team try and stop all of them when Zarola can just shift them around :)

Hey that sounds like a fun list actually. I have to keep that in mind! 

For me... Theron, Fahad, Jaecar, oHearne, Zarola, Minx ... also Skatha, Fahad, Ulfr, Zarola, Chaska, Minx

I like Theron, Fahad, Zarola, oHearn and Seenah, sometimes Minx instead of Zarola depending on the enemy lineup.

5 hours ago, Zerachial said:

I wish there was a replacement for Minx that was that good since you can't buy her anywhere right now :(

Vminx is coming! 

Theron, Fahad, vHearne, Chaska, Seenah, Egret/Hemlock/Minx

Just now, Sitaavanu said:

Vminx is coming! 

Theron, Fahad, vHearne, Chaska, Seenah, Egret/Hemlock/Minx

Yes! I'm super excited for the UiC stuff... :D

@Totes McAwesome To be fair, Skatha, Fahad, Jaecar, Minx, Ulfr, Seenah sounds pretty good. 

You're still terrible. 

Played against Morts line with Theron's golden 6. I got a 12-3 win only really losing Fahad, oHearne died because I lost a +3 initiative roll. It's such a good line up. 

What do you aim for with hunters? Goals or takeouts? Theron is more takeout oriented as to where Skatha is more about playing ball? 

I mean.. It really does depend on every game, when my opponent decides to release the ball, if I decide to get a goal back or hide it, if i receive and if I hide the ball or try and get a goal, etc etc. 

Last night I won with 6 takeouts, as the opponent received and I used the control options in guild (G&S, Pinned, Snipe) to stop the goal where I could. Typically with Theron I'll win with 1 goal 4 take outs, sometimes 6 take outs. Skatha is normally 2-2 and sometimes 3-0. Guildball is such a reactive game though and the game is all about reacting to the movements / actions of your opponent so it's hard to say what I normally "aim" for as it's totally dependant on the board state, but I say the above is about right. 

1 hour ago, ForestRambo said:

I mean.. It really does depend on every game, when my opponent decides to release the ball, if I decide to get a goal back or hide it, if i receive and if I hide the ball or try and get a goal, etc etc. 

Last night I won with 6 takeouts, as the opponent received and I used the control options in guild (G&S, Pinned, Snipe) to stop the goal where I could. Typically with Theron I'll win with 1 goal 4 take outs, sometimes 6 take outs. Skatha is normally 2-2 and sometimes 3-0. Guildball is such a reactive game though and the game is all about reacting to the movements / actions of your opponent so it's hard to say what I normally "aim" for as it's totally dependant on the board state, but I say the above is about right. 

Sounds good, cheers, still gives me a bit of an idea so everything is helpful. :)

4 minutes ago, Furnace said:

Sounds good, cheers, still gives me a bit of an idea so everything is helpful. :)

It's worth having a idea of how you're going to get your VPs before you head into a game for sure. In corsairs case I'd aim for 1 goal 4 takeouts, using the death scrum with Corsairs drag and oSiren Lure to feed it until you're at 8 points. Only thing with thinking like that is sometimes it might just be better to slot in a goal to go 4-0 if there's no immediate snapback goal on the table. Corsair can make it very hard for your opponent to get a goal if they can't do it on activation, as the ball on a model is a real risk of being taken away through a whole lot of things.