• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
Sign in to follow this  
JacctheInsomniac

Bags and Storage

Does anybody have any recommendations?

I'm pretty new to the hobby in general so I don't know if particular companies have particular reputations. I got two foam trays a while back and they're a really awkward fit for the models I do have, so I'm considering picking up the official Guild Ball bags when I can, under the assumption that they'll fit the models the best, but are there any other options I should consider?

I reccommend KR cases. The smallest case is perfect to hold a 12 man team + a union member with space for a ball or a goal. I just have the one and swap the teams out when I go out to play, or you could get a case for each team. 

Feldherr £25 and can fit 64 'standard' sized dudes. You can get your craft knife out to make larger spaces for 40 and 50mm bases. 

No straps on this model, strangely, but larger ones have them. 

https://www.krmulticase.com/product/cases/AQ6-B

This holds 4 of my teams perfectly (though it's getting kind of tight!). I used trays F4H, F3H, D3H and a Pad-H to sit on top of the D3H.

Don't worry about the deeper trays saying they are only 32mm deep, they hold vet Katalyst for me just fine and the Pad-H gives you some flex to work with.

I’ve largely stopped using foam. At this point I magnetise my bases with rare earth magnets and then stick them to a toolbox. Works perfectly, I just need to get a smaller one for travel 

2yNy8Sq.jpg

Throwing a shout out for Pirate Lab cases. Ordered one and have not regretted it yet. Hold 4-5 teams comfortably and plenty of room for widgets and tokens. Great customer service and quick shipping in the USA. 

I use the case from Battlefoam. Big fan of their products but I admit they can be a bit on the pricey side. That said, I really like what you get. 

15 hours ago, ForestRambo said:

I reccommend KR cases. The smallest case is perfect to hold a 12 man team + a union member with space for a ball or a goal. I just have the one and swap the teams out when I go out to play, or you could get a case for each team. 

Do you know the name of the case you are using?

7 minutes ago, SonofMars said:

Do you know the name of the case you are using?

The Aqualia-A holds a single tray. It's a great small case for transporting single teams around.

I personally use the Standard Single Card board case (KR again) for storing my models in. It stacks neatly with my cases for other games, and it's easy enough to transport around. 

I’ve got a couple of KR half cases, with the half case bag to go with them and a rucksack for when I need lots of gear. Works pretty well, and the foam is softer than other makes I’ve tried.

Pirate Alan studios here, great bag, took it to SteamCon and it fit well on a flight holding 4-5 teams with tokens and dice.  Also foam is only 4.99 a piece and quick process/shipping in the US.

On 03/01/2018 at 12:41 PM, Henry said:

https://www.krmulticase.com/product/cases/AQ6-B

This holds 4 of my teams perfectly (though it's getting kind of tight!). I used trays F4H, F3H, D3H and a Pad-H to sit on top of the D3H.

Don't worry about the deeper trays saying they are only 32mm deep, they hold vet Katalyst for me just fine and the Pad-H gives you some flex to work with.

Hey, when using that, how do you transport your token, dice ... ?

925009_md-.jpg

1 hour ago, Mezawockee said:

Hey, when using that, how do you transport your token, dice ... ?

There's a fair bit of room to put extra stuff around the foam pads.

Sorry for the low quality pic, here's what fits in mine. That's four full teams, dice, tokens, measuring sticks, templates, collapsible dice tray, 2D terrain, markers and character cards.

However, this is now full. I can squeeze in a couple of extra models if SFG release any more for these teams, but that's it full.

3 hours ago, Henry said:

Thanks for the reply, I might check that as I already got some other KR stuff and as much as I like the Battlefoam GB bag, I would prefer to stick to KR to have everything compatible.