Sign in to follow this  
polluxx66

Canadian National (Western) Championship

The Canadian Western Canada National Championship Selection Committee is proud to announce the details of the Canadian Western National Guild Ball Championship. 

It will be held in Calgary, AB August 18th and 19th at the Ogres Den Gaming Club.  #22, 3220 5 Ave NE, Calgary, AB T2A 5N1.

The National Championship will strictly follow the rules in the Organized Play Document for a Regional Cup format that are current at the time of the event. 

Tickets will be $35.00 and available for purchase on the event website as soon as its launched.   Hotel blocks will be available.  Most likely at the Coast Plaza Hotel two blocks from the Ogre’s Den with room blocks being $115.  Hotel information subject to change until we lock in the specifics. 

As part of Western Canada’s inaugural Provincial Championship qualifying series each provincial Champion will receive two nights accommodation, and the champion and runner up will receive a complimentary ticket to the event.

This is very exciting!!! 

Have had the pleasure of playing at the Ogre's Den in Calgary. Top notch people, pundits, and a fantastic play area with lots of space! Very glad to see them putting on this event. If you can make it for that weekend, whether you are in Western Canada, or the Northwest / Pacific Northwest of USA you should definitely get in on this one.... you are going to have a great time!

Even though it's the Eastern Championship I'm waiting for, I was very happy to see the "Steam Conada" logo pop on Facebook today. So happy to see the name I had suggested be turned into a logo! (Although to be fair, I might not have been the only one to come up with it?)

Reminder Time. Canadian Western National Championships are now a few days away from being 2 months away.

swag and sponsors are starting to pile up. The event is filling up. If you are planning on coming sign up soon to reserve your spot and take your shot at worlds at Steam Con UK

safe_image.php?d=AQBr3cLRFOWfIdf7&w=540&
guildballevents.com

BUMP! =P

I want to meet everyone and offer a chosen few almost certain victory over an old, one-legged, pundit!

Come One, Come All! This one is going to be awesome! Guaranteed to not be snowing and -30C..... almost! :P

Yea for all you American's thinking about making the trip we figure to get 40ish people so it'll be one that's worth it!

Plus after party in the hotel should probably get quite outa hand most likely. ;>

Sadly my flight back leaves pretty early Sunday evening.  I'll be arriving Thursday night, though, so I've got time for a pre-party!

EDIT: Eep, I see now the event is scheduled to end at 7 Sunday, but my flight leaves at 6:40.  I might be rushing off early.

7 hours ago, Breaking_Play said:

Sadly my flight back leaves pretty early Sunday evening.  I'll be arriving Thursday night, though, so I've got time for a pre-party!

EDIT: Eep, I see now the event is scheduled to end at 7 Sunday, but my flight leaves at 6:40.  I might be rushing off early.

My flight leaves early Sunday as well.  Final round of Nationals should be done by 2.  The alternate side event may run longer but we all have to leave when we have to. 

This is latest information from FB pages and the organizing Pundits.

Schedule For Canadian Nationals

8/17 - Friday evening we will be setting up the venue, there will be room for fun games We will not announce set times for this but the club is open until midnight  

8/18 - Day 1 

Registration - 10AM. Tickets will need to be provided and we will ensure every paid entrant is added to the longshanks event at this time. Round one pairings will be announced and tables will be assigned. Please ensure you have your local opponents setup in your longshanks profile to avoid placing against someone from your local meta if you so choose. 

Round 1 Start - 1030AM  -- Rounds will be 110 minutes long. Chess clocks set to 45 minutes a side. 5 minutes for setup and 15 min of clock out time. 
Lunch - 1220-120PM. Lots of local food options. Ask one of the local Calgary players if you aren’t sure what to get or where to go. 
Round 2 Start - 125PM 
Round 3 Start  - 315PM 
Round 4 Start - 510PM 

Day 1 wrap up at the end of round 4. The best sportsman, best painted and door prize drawings will be done at this time. There will also be a selection of smaller prizes given away at this time. 

We will probably be meeting somewhere for dinner and drinks after this if people are wanting to hang around for a while 

8/19  - Day 2 

10AM setup.
Round 5 / Fun Round 1- 1020AM  -- Our fun day 2 event will also start at this point. Anyone who has dropped that still wants to play or isn’t still competing for the grand prize is welcome to this event. It will be run with an alternate format but still on clocks so we can finish the event with reasonable time. It will run 3 rounds at most. 
Round 6 / Fun Round 2 - 1210  This round will only be necessary if we have 33+ people and if no one drops. 

Fun round 3 - 2pm 

Depending on attendance/when the final round actually wraps up we will give away the remainder of the prizes/ grand prize. There is separate prizing for the fun event and there are no entry fees for it. The event organizers are donating prizes as a bonus for people who want to stick around. 

Feel free to post any questions here if you have concerns about the schedule. As stated in another post, the only way it won't be split into 2 days if if we don't have the attendance to warrant it. Hopefully this isn't the case though. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Buy Your Ticket / Register Here: https://www.guildballevents.com/

then....

This is the latest information from the other half

Schedule For Canadian Nationals

8/17 - Friday evening beers at our AirBnB house nearby.  Two tables for practice games + 1 outside if nice weather. 

8/18 - Day 1 

Play some damn games and kick some ass.

THEN head back to the house for war stories and beers. Looks like there is a bbq we can use as well so we'll probably have hotdogs or order pizza. If yer undefeated at this point expect to defend your chances through excessive trash talk. If yer a loser, BYOB and have a good time ;> also feel free to  crash. (But Dave come inside)

8/19  - Day 2

Get yer sorry asses out by 10 am

play some more games. Crown the champ. Head the crap home.

text me for more info 306-881-1852

Guildball Nationals are a month away. There are still spots available if you are on the fence. Buy your tickets and sign up here.

https://www.guildballevents.com/

As a teaser here is the ball marker that will be in the swag bag.

For Something Closer to home Attack-X is happening again this year in September. The Guildball tournament will be Saturday with some fun events Sunday.

http://www.attack-x.com/event/attack-x/

Hey are we getting any special visits from the Steamforged staff for special spoilers and announcements, like what happens at other National events??

:D

Yeah, I figured... a guy can dream though...

33 minutes ago, skcpae said:

Hey are we getting any special visits from the Steamforged staff for special spoilers and announcements, like what happens at other National events??

:D

Yeah, I figured... a guy can dream though...

Would be epically cool if some of the SFG crew made it out sometime. Until then... you'll have to just visit and share a few adult beverages with this old, one-legged, tired-ass, pundit... 

I know they wanted to this year to make it to all Nationals events. Was working on getting Sean to Eastern Canadian Nationals but just didn't work out with family obligations that coincided too close to the day of the event. So maybe.