So I've been somewhat loathed to post a link here for some reason, but I guess I really should

I started The Rookie podcast towards the end of last year and have recently released my 3rd episode.  At best this is a the ramblings of a "completely new" player trying to get to grips with the game of Guild Ball, around not having a lot of time, and a small child on hand to take up whatever moments I have spare.  In either case, its about as open as I can be about what I think of this game, as well as a desperate plea for someone to help me "Get Good".

From this I hope great epic stories will unfold and a new world will open before me... or otherwise I can make a few friends and get hopelessly drunk at weekend tournaments.  Both potentially being the same thing.

Anyway, I hope you listen, and either discard this to the out bin in your office.  Or keep it on your app of choice, should you be so kind.

http://www.buzzsprout.com/135717

It is on iTunes as well should that help.

Good stuff. Credit for the chutzpah to put this up. Well done.

I live on the other side of Sheffield. So I hope to see you some time. 

I saw Mr Mountain, (played a game on a table next to him) but never knowingly caught side of the other half of the 'Singled out' dynamic duo.

I concur with your views about the 'Rookie League'. Great fun and it would go down well as a 5 game, one day event. I recon the Heroic podcasters have that mechanic right.

I plan to go to Steamcon next year but had problems with the noise levels in the "Brutalist" decor of the cellars.

Thank you very much.

Working from the angle that I'm not a good or experienced player and how I'm "re" learning the game and getting more involved.. and it is a bit of an odd position to do a podcast from I guess.  Hopefully people will like it in the long run

Keep me posted about the event you are planning in Barnsley. I would need some notice due to commitments I have already made.

There are several guys who come to our club on Farm Rd on Thursdays in Sheffield who come from Barnsley.  Solid blokes in every sense of the word "solid". :)

Bill

Ha,

Did wonder if it was you, Bill.  I've met you once before, I came over to Outpost for one of MM's Guild Ball gatherings.  You were playing Morts I believe.

I will keep everyone posted about events.  At the moment I'm trying to work out what the best option is and when on earth I have a free weekend to do it.  Its starting to look like May might be the earliest and I would need to work around Vengeance of course so might be later.  In either regards there will be stuff on various Facebook groups first