Sign in to follow this  
The Hieb

New to it all

Hi. 

I’m new to the miniatures hobby. I picked up the kick off box painted up both teams and then picked up a butchers team. I enjoy the painting so I’ve started working on an entry for the holiday painting contest. 

Welcome! You are where I was 6 months ago... hope you enjoy it as much as I have! Where you from?

1 hour ago, Furnace said:

Welcome aboard! Which team are you going to focus upon first? 

Thanks, I’ve painted all the kick off models. I went with a local feel. My brewers are the colors of the local brewery and the masons are the colors of the local soccer club. 

I’m currently painting an Ox for the holiday painting contest but after that I’m not sure what team I want to paint. 

My wife was interested in the painting so we picked up the butchers team for her to paint and the building of the minis is quite the process. I like the detail of the metal but not the assembly. 

20 minutes ago, Malritch said:

Welcome! You are where I was 6 months ago... hope you enjoy it as much as I have! Where you from?

I’m from central California, the local guild ball scene is practically non existent but as much as I enjoy the game I enjoy the painting. I’m hoping for like a small league or something this year. 

Nice, I hope that you are able to coerce some more good folks to come and play! It's such a good game!

On 1/2/2018 at 4:47 PM, The Hieb said:

Thanks, I’ve painted all the kick off models. I went with a local feel. My brewers are the colors of the local brewery and the masons are the colors of the local soccer club. 

I’m currently painting an Ox for the holiday painting contest but after that I’m not sure what team I want to paint. 

My wife was interested in the painting so we picked up the butchers team for her to paint and the building of the minis is quite the process. I like the detail of the metal but not the assembly. 

Sounds good! I've been painting a new guild for the Winter contest as well. After that I reckon I'm going to paint my Fishermen finally, also I'd need to base them first.