Mako

Winter Painting Contest - Finished Entries

Evening all, it's time to open up a thread for people's finished entries for the Winter Painting contest! 

Post up your entries in here before midnight GMT on the 14th January, when the thread will lock - anything not up by then won't count so please don't forget ;)

This thread is for finished pieces, so for the sake of the judges please post any in depth questions and thoughts in the main contest thread: http://forums.steamforged.com/topic/40667-winter-painting-contest/

And just in case you need any quick advice on photography (the main contest thread will stay open if you need any more detailed advice), a reminder of my usual suggestions:

-Try to take photos in soft daylight, like near a window that isn’t getting direct sun.

-Stand closer to the window/light source than the model is, to avoid backlighting.

-Use a mid-grey piece of paper or cloth behind and under the model rather than white, to avoid bleaching out colours.

-Crop the photos down before you post them, so we can see what you've done.

-for higher resolution and larger images, it can be easiest use a hosting service – imgur is a common one, but facebook and twitter also allow photos to be embedded as do various other platforms.

And of course, the prizes - you could win the Master Crafted Arsenal, Yuletide Buckwheat and Hearth, or the Solthecian Gutter set, with the added bonus that anyone who submits a finished entry (that fits the theme and rules of course) gets a little forum badge :) 

Good luck folks!

1 hour ago, 6tus said:

hated the hair,

Agreed, not my favourite model to work with either. Good for you with the conversion!

Someone was very nice, didn't know what is in that blue present... :rolleyes: Hope you like it!

winterballmarker.jpg

Finished my ballmarker more or less. Not sure if I get it a little bit better tomorrow, so it's a shot, that I'm in for the contest first. A WIP shot is in my thread.

So Time for my two cents worth. I swear if there was a miniature photography for Dummies class I would be turned away for being under qualified!!

Any way big thanks to @Mako for running this, never in my life did I think I would be melting little plastic rods over a candle to make icicles!!

Ans so here is my "Ice queen" version of Skatha including one of her with the custom made snowball marker I made during the many waiting for her to dry moments.

zedMWLG.jpg 

qYzJIdQ.jpg

X1tjrNC.jpg

1 minute ago, Charlie said:

@masterkdog really like the ice effect man. 

Thanks man, there were a lot of firsts for me with this mini, Ice was one of them. I don't think they will stand up to yours though mate the basing on your mini is just stellar.