Sign in to follow this  
EpicChris

Thanks for everything that makes GB great

I just thought as Santa revs up the sleigh and 2017 goes off to the hall of the ancients, I would post a cheerful thank you for all the things I love about GB.

Firstly, thank you for the Longshanks website @RedSam . Even thought it torpedoed my ranking (lols! :) ) it's a fantastic site and I'm glad we have an alternative to TieBreak as well as somewhere for armchair coaches to mull over stats. Great work - thanks for the effort.

On to App makers. OMG I bloody love apps. While I prefer cards be used in play (so you don't make it obvious or remind someone how close to death a player is), being able to look up cards and theoryball on the train is brilliant. That they even allow rules looks ups and hobby organisation - all for free - is simply amazing. You guys work hard and I know I can't imagine living without them now. Thank you for your free time and hard work.

SFG - yep I've not forgotten you. While I might disagree with you over er, certain work, I am ever grateful you have created and continue to support a great game that has introduced me to a world of new friends and like minded coaches. Thanks for the beautiful models and design work. Thank you also for not being too proud to change your game when needed - it shows you really care.

My fellow Pundits. Pundits are key to pushing this game out to the local FLGS and clubs and they work bloody hard so everyone gets to play toy soldiers. I am glad we have a group of such dedicated players that are keen to promote a game they love. While we might not always agree with each other over certain er, policies, I know we are all working towards making this a successful game and I can call upon help for my local area if needed.

3rd party support. How would I play this game without widgets?!? You know bizarrely I think my favourite thing about GB is that I haven't used a tape measure in 3 years. It's just so nice to make neat movements (well I try). All the tokens and widgets really help me keep track of this game and while not essential, I love them. Thank you for you faith in this game and I hope we both continue to profit from its success (you with $$$, me with even MORE tokens).

Finally my fellow players. What would this game be without such a fantastic group of lovely people. I've met so many of you over the years and I am thankful for it. What is a game without an opponent - and you guys are the best. We love a bit of rough and tumble on the forums/Facebook but we all have our heart in the same place. I'm especially glad to have such a great group of people playing this game - and I look forward to meeting new players we bring in.

So, while I might not be as active a player in 2018 (wait until I raise my new minion to conquer the GB world in 2028!) I really hope I can get out and continue to play this brilliant game with you fantastic people. Roll on 2018!

Chris