Sign in to follow this  
Zorni

Against Farmers, what team, what plan?

Hello guys, 

We have farmers coming around and I have some ideas to deal with them but it’s all theorycraft and nothing really tested.

So I’ll ask you guys what team would you pick, what would be your plan?

I would choose a Fillet team focused on football with 2 goals and 2 takeouts.

Fillet being a support and deterrent piece first turn to enable a first turn goal with Brisket (super shot, quick foot, sprint and goal) if receiving. With Something like Boiler and princess, Brisket, Meathook and a last piece that would be either Shank or vetOx. I think vetOx would perform well if he is not one rounded by Thresher, he can disable Tater counter charge, drag a lot of farmers as they tend to be packed to work together and do his job as a support/target piece while the rest of the team focus on getting the ball and Fillet go for One or two Kills.

So what is your opinion? Your game plan?

This is all theory crafting, but my game plan would be Fillet, Truffles, Meathook, a Brisket, Shank, and Minx. The idea is to spread out as much as possible and focus on the ball.  I do not think the Butcher can out fight them so a 2-2 game or even a 3-0 game would be my goal.

Shank is looking to be the tech I'm going to try against Tater, as his speed and WTG allows him to get into position to tie up Tater. You can't put him in that position too early though, because if the farmers team can throw into him, they'll chew him up.

Hopefully he'll be a second to last/last activation in an early turn, so you can push for the momentum advantage, and then have him in position at the start of the next turn so you can freely move the rest of your team around until they deal with Shank.

Against a Grange Team i use:

Ox, Boar, Meathook, Boiler, vBrisket and Princess

Going mostly for 4 to and 1 Goal.

A well set up Ox or Boar can easily take out windle or Grange. And even Meathook can Deal 11 Dmg easily to Windle. 

In one Situation i let her as an opener Charge bewegen the 2 with "Take IT to 'em". 2 additional normal attacks on Windle and both had 11 dmg, Hocked and Bleed.

Against Thresher i need game expirience.

I think I would take Ox, Princess, Boiler, Boar, vBrisket and Shank. 

vBrisket/Shank has the movement combos to get around Tater countercharges

Ox/Boiler bring defensive debuffs

Princess combos with Boiler but also sits nicely in range of a 'Dont fear the...' to get your Loved Creature off for the whole turn after Thresher has done his thing.

Finally Boar snipes any of the remaining Farmers by taking advantage of the low Def high health pools.

It's a theorycrafted list though. Could also see a Fillet list with Minx doing OK.