Sign in to follow this  
GeroJr

Union option for Corsair if A&G aren't available

Hi guys,

quick question - which player Union player would you pick if A&G aren't available for Corsair? Gutter seems like an ok damage dealer who can also be a goal threat if needed. However Scything blow doesn't really mesh well with ganging up.

Fangtooth can deal a lot of (non-momentous) damage, but his impact on friendly players (foul odour, fangtooth unleashed) is pretty bad for ganging up. Other models just don't do enough damage.

I'm asking this because it's really tough to get A&G without buying the whole box. It's easier to get other options.

Gutter for sure. She brings momentous damage, 2” and another drag. Scything blow can be great in the right situation but even if you don’t use it she is good.

Gutter's Scything Blow can be brilliant. Even when it doesn't seem appealing to you, it won't be for your opponent either. Used properly, it can be an intimidating deterant.

Definitely Gutter.

A&G are rockstars with Corsair + Hag.

Gutter plays ok with both captains. Drag + Hag is achievable with both.

Fangtooth can be really good but there is just so much to work around. Foul Odor is rough on teammates. DEF 2 with 1" melee makes him an INF machine. He wants to unleash every time he gets INF but the rest of the team hates him. Just too many tools in the game to deal with him.

Hemlocke is a poor paper weight.

Gutter is debatably better than A&G for Fish as it stands.

I've personally been known to run Fangtooth along side Shark and Angel. But these days I am not sure I would opt for that. You want Corsair in the majority of your matches and they do not work well together at all. Hemlocke would be good, except tentacles has her best character play already.

Basically if I can't take A&G or Gutter I am probably pure guild. If I could take *any* union model, it very well could be rage.

22 hours ago, tehlon said:

If I could take *any* union model, it very well could be rage.

I know I'm derailing just a touch but I would LOVE Benediction for Fish. Braced and Regenerate, with 2" reach and can have drag, rough seas, lure, seduced, or goad cast through him? GTFOH.

Rage would be cool too. Lots ways to keep him disengaged with Fish so that you are always getting Furious off.

1 hour ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

I know I'm derailing just a touch but I would LOVE Benediction for Fish. Braced and Regenerate, with 2" reach and can have drag, rough seas, lure, seduced, or goad cast through him? GTFOH.

You can only use plays that target friendly models through Impart Wisdom. 

17 minutes ago, Akaleth said:

You can only use plays that target friendly models through Impart Wisdom. 

Damn I am so bad about remembering how that one trait works. I know that is what it supposed to be when I'm playing but when talking about lists I just cannot keep that straight. Rage all the way.