mr baron

New PVC Teams

In all seriousness now. I just bought all metal Butchers. If they come in plastic in half a year, or a year i will rebuy them happily :D Hell even if they come in a week time!!!

I am seriously interested in all of the guilds, Majors AND Minors tht come in pvc with all that terrain and goals and  balls, don't forget the balls :P 

I am first and foremost a painter, then a gamer. But the qulity of PVC SFG pulls off on Farmers and Blacksmiths is incredible for the material used and has all the benefits of plastic minis (ie. not breaking, banding and chipping paint all the time)

I must have them all!!!

On 19/12/2017 at 1:13 PM, S_A_T_S said:

4 new teams in a years seems too much to me, 2 would pace releases better, giving time to get used to the new rules and players, and how the minor guilds function within the meta, as well as giving the design team more time to test, ensure the guilds work as intended and design more stuff for SFG (like those Innovations they were talking about).

At 2 a year, would take 6 years for every guild to get a minor. So the last ones would potentially go 7 to 8 years without a new model.

10 hours ago, Dirt Rey said:

At 2 a year, would take 6 years for every guild to get a minor. So the last ones would potentially go 7 to 8 years without a new model.

Guarantees a 6 year life span for Guild Ball though. Have they finished with Major Guilds? We'll have to see how this develops, but SFG have said they see a finite existence for Guild Ball, so it will die a death at some point, and that could well be when all the minor guilds have been released.

If it stays as an SF core game, I doubt it will 'die a death'. Maybe there will be a 2nd Edition at some stage. 

The Veteran/Seasoned dynamic gives the game room to grow and they've barely begun to play about with it. I'd be surprised if the main Guilds didn't grow to around 20 models per Guild and I think with some thought, there could be another series of Captains.

This would give the game plenty of life even if they 'finish it'. 

4 hours ago, Wynter said:

If it stays as an SF core game, I doubt it will 'die a death'. Maybe there will be a 2nd Edition at some stage. 

I doubt it will 'die' from lack of support, but I don't see the majority of guilds going beyond the current 12 (ignore the Union) unless they go to 8 per box. I can see a second release of guilds so that players can get new stuff to paint. 

I would be nice to see some alternate figures, such as a Homelands Cup team. Especially if the metal models are replaced by PVC.

I'd like a fresh Brewers team, I'm a far better painter now and I reckon it would be cool to compare the two. I reckon given Brewers already had a rerelease in Kick Off that they will be lower priority. 

Still, I'm tempted by an instant Fish team too.

19 hours ago, Wynter said:

The Veteran/Seasoned dynamic gives the game room to grow and they've barely begun to play about with it. I'd be surprised if the main Guilds didn't grow to around 20 models per Guild and I think with some thought, there could be another series of Captains.

This would give the game plenty of life even if they 'finish it'. 

I oculd also see a reitrement process, whereby original models are removed from competative play to allow newer rookies to move in. 

Or, on that thought, legit rookie (league) players, modified somewhat for the main game. 

If we keep playing and encourage more to join our ranks... a Guild Ball demise become less likely. It we be the players that will give the game an premature death if we stop playing it.

Long Live Guild Ball!!!