Sign in to follow this  
Wallied

When do vGraves & Vileswarm ever see play?

Looking at vGraves and Vileswarm and I can't seem to find a reason they'd be played in any list or against any specific team.  They definitely have a gimmick amongst themselves and I can potentially see Memory getting some use of of the gang up, but regular Graves seems always better and Dirge gets so many more uses with Cosset and Silence.

Am I missing something with these two? 

(New Morts player btw!  Played Fish for a couple years, including and up to last years Nationals.  Also have Masons and Butchers)

vGraves is an alright road block player who brings two influence.  In general you should ignore the back of his card.

I predict that vVileswarm will be a beastly Ratcatchers mascot and vGraves will make good use of Packmaster there.

4 hours ago, MechMage said:

vGraves is an alright road block player who brings two influence.  In general you should ignore the back of his card.

I predict that vVileswarm will be a beastly Ratcatchers mascot and vGraves will make good use of Packmaster there.

He HAS no card back xD

Silence also not if you use Vileswarm.

To answer the questions of OP:
For the lulz, or if you want a challlenge. I actually like vGraves playbook.

vGraves does have KD on 3, and when Vileswarm suffers takeout causes poison.  Gaves1 does not have KD on his playbook.  Vileswarm could be a good counter charge trigger with Noxious Death blow up.  I could see a situation where Vileswarm could disrupt the Brick/Marbles counter charge bubble, and give out poison to several models.  Rabid Animal can slow down fast strikers.

But, you do lose the synergy with Cosset and Silence.....

PS..I am hoping that vGraves gets a buff when the Ratcatchers come out to make him more interesting......

If I'm going for TOs then VetGraves is a good set up for Cosset as he brings another KD and Gravedigger. 

He can also be a good ball holder against low Tac strikers, (but Skulk has probably stolen that role now).

Vileswarm I like for fun games but I always seem to suffer more from the inevitable explosion than my opponent.

When I do use VetGraves it's to set up Cosset so I want Dirge to help offset losing Tooled Up, so it's handy their synergy is so poor as you don't miss it...

On 28.12.2017 at 2:10 AM, Toqtamish said:

When you play Ratcatchers and want to use their sweet alt sculpt models. 

Unfortunately only vetGraves and Bonesaw get alt sculpts, not Vileswarm. :/ 

But they look rad.

Vileswarm isn't that bad. Charging for 1 with handy pushes and a Rabid Animal. I quite like having it in some quite niche lists usually with free chargers.

On 12/29/2017 at 8:43 PM, Cole said:

Unfortunately only vetGraves and Bonesaw get alt sculpts, not Vileswarm. :/ 

But they look rad.

I'm in a situation where I have the old metal models and I lack only three Morts: vGraves, Vileswarm and Bonesaw. So could I wait for the ratcatchers guild to be released and use the alt vGraves and Bonesaw from there only needing to track down Vileswarm as a single? And have a full Morts collection?

As I've said before, their biggest flaw isn't necessarily that they're bad, it's that they take space on a limited roster. Which two models would you remove from your roster to add them into your tournament-10?

When you want to go 5-1 at a big UK tournament but still lose to T H E R E S H E R:

96na4uI.png

That's Scalpel, Vileswarm, Graves2, Ghast, Cosset, Mist  every game btw.

21 hours ago, JS said:

When you want to go 5-1 at a big UK tournament but still lose to T H E R E S H E R:

That's Scalpel, Vileswarm, Graves2, Ghast, Cosset, Mist  every game btw.

That's very impressive! How do you play that team? Is it a better team than a team with Obulus and Dirge and oGraves?

On 1/5/2018 at 7:59 AM, Lemminkäinen said:

That's very impressive! How do you play that team? Is it a better team than a team with Obulus and Dirge and oGraves?

You'd have to ask @PaW, he loves explaining things at length.

One of the strengths of the team is being able to reposition enemy models with almost any activation. I wouldn't say it's "better" than any other Morts team but it does the job. Graves2 brings good set up that is overlooked as people are blinded by Tooled Up on Graves1. 
Pro Tip: The back of Graves2's card is mostly irrelevant. Vileswarm just gets you good value for 1 INF due to cheap charges and decent playbook.

6 hours ago, Leader9-1 said:

JS , how do you play Vileswarm in your team ? 

Me personally, I play it badly, like everything else. 

More useful info:
- Charges humans for 1 INF, and a 3 long playbook. Not uncommon to wrap. 
- Has momentous >> on 2 hits. Combined with the aforementioned wrap, you can push people off the pitch if they aren't careful.
- Has rabid animal on 3 hits. Strong debuff if a player hasn't activated yet. 

The above more or less means that you get good value out of 1 INF.

- Blows up when he dies. Good against low mobility/scrum teams, sometimes forces choices.

The main thing to remember is that Graves2 doesn't need Vileswarm and Vileswarm doesn't need Graves2. The back of Graves2's card is pretty situational and not at all necessary for Vileswarm to do everything it does.

Disclaimer: none of this says Dirge is not worth taking either.

The problem I have even giving him one is morts are so greedy. 

Obby usually wants 7 which is over half mostly

Silence wants 2-3

Then you need to give your other players the last 3-5