Cleavelander

Union picks in the current game.

It has been about 5 months since harry got his attitude adjustment.  Given that our minor guild is probably further than a year out, it seems worth giving union a thorough look.  What has everyone been running?

I often use a pure guild roster, but I find that often makes a 2-2 game much harder.  I'm looking to add some muscle(right now with Gutter).

Who has had good experiences with Decimate, Gutter, or Rage?

It seems like Decimate is the most reliable damage, with momentous damage and good goal threat.  Whereas Gutter takes setup, but can be far more damaging and versatile.  Rage remains the most efficient. However he requires support to avoid getting killed, and has almost no goal threat to speak of.  

AnG are extremely potent, but I don't think those slow pokes mesh well with the engineer's game plan.  

My go-to is Gutter.  2" melee and reliable MOM generation, not-too-shabby kick/goal threat and a stealth tank in the form of Lifedrinker, and she's a respectable battery in turn 1/2 before the ruck starts.

Decimate is a close second, but 1" reach leaves her hanging in too many matchups where I want her

I want Rage to be the guy because his damage output and MOM generation is so efficient, but bringing only 1 INF means the turns he's NOT in threat range leaves the rest of the team starved.

A&G are inefficient and, as you say, slow.

22 hours ago, MilitaryCoo said:

My go-to is Gutter.  2" melee and reliable MOM generation, not-too-shabby kick/goal threat and a stealth tank in the form of Lifedrinker, and she's a respectable battery in turn 1/2 before the ruck starts.

Decimate is a close second, but 1" reach leaves her hanging in too many matchups where I want her

I want Rage to be the guy because his damage output and MOM generation is so efficient, but bringing only 1 INF means the turns he's NOT in threat range leaves the rest of the team starved.

A&G are inefficient and, as you say, slow.

I'd be curious to hear what your 6 usually looks like, and how you're using Gutter. 

My 6 is usually Ballista, Mainspring, Hoist, Ratchet, and two flex slots of Compound/Velocity/Gutter/Colossus.

Most common is Compound/Velocity because I lean to a football game but Gutter comes in against:

1. Fish: 2" melee and better access to the 2/2 or 1/4 game because goal races aren't hugely fun in this matchup
  2. Alchemists: Similar, and especially for dealing with unpredictable
  3. Butchers: because she tanks well (if she doesn't get finished off in one activation, she can swing four times and Take a Breather for 8 HP back) and Briskets are hard for Engineers to pin down without reach

Mainspring. Interesting. 

Since we're here, wanna go over the rest of your flex picks too :P 
I assume Collosus is coming in against similar teams, both to support Gutter and also be a 2 inch annoyance. 

I like Mainspring for efficiency; the retrieve and kick for zero influence is great, and charge-tackle-kick for zero influence with Overclocked has caught a lot of people out.

Mother is great too, but I like the roach more.

Colossus I tend to lean away from because I hate the model, but yes, he comes in when I need reach and/or the unexpected arrival scrum-scattering