Sign in to follow this  
Sefron

Kick or Receive (Captain & Mascot Choice)

With the new rules coming out that you decide on Kick/Receive and then pick Captain/Mascot, will this make a huge difference on which ones you pick? I'd be interested in hearing everyone's thoughts / choices on this.

Well I generally prefer Skatha in both scenarios. However, I think this makes Theron more interesting for me to learn since I can take him into more match ups when I receive. Don't think this will effect the mascot much. You either like free charges or support and I think it's tough to fit both in a tournament roster. Definitely seems more relevant for the captain choice.

Because Oooh... BALL! doens't trigger on the kick off this change has no impact on mascot useage.  If you think Pack Mentality will make a difference take snow, if not take Fahad.

I've gotten used to just using Theron (gonna be working towards learning skatha over the next few months.  So i can' comment too much here.  I like kicking off with Theron because I can start snaring opponents on Turn one.  Receiving I can turtle and force my opponent to eat snares and boomboxes as they try to close in and take the ball from me.  I think there is merit to kicking off with Skatha (if you have knee slider) and going for a turn 1 goal assuming they don't have an unpredictable model.

For me it's Theron kicking and Skatha receiving, most of the time. Theron is great in denial and harassment with nice alpha strike options, can get momentum without passing or too much contact, while he doesn't really care if the opponent tries to kill the ball. On the other hand Skatha likes to play the game, and a well timed 4-0 is where she begins to shine IMO.

Largely this won't affect me, as I pick the captians more on overall match up then if I am kicking or receiving, that typically just affects my draft.

That said It's interesting and I haven't drafted with it yet, so that could change.