Sign in to follow this  
Rejusu

Stick with 6 player boxes, not 12 for the plastic re-release

I haven't read everyone's post because I'm feeling lazy right now but I think a 12 man box is a huge mistake. Also it doesn't fall in line with the pricing. I can get two six man boxes with two goals and two pieces of terrain for $100 or I can get a 12 man box with one piece of terrain and one goal for $100. So between having two fewer pieces, the box being less expensive to produce, and only giving one set of tokens it feels a little like a profit grab. Pass that on to people who want to get into the game. Make it something like $85 instead. Also $100 to try a game is a little off putting. People will spend a relatively cheap $50 to try a game and when they like it they will spend another relatively cheap $50 for the rest and not think about it being $100.

Screen_shot_2009-09-15_at_8.57.03_AM.png

Holdup. Imma let you finish but...

18 minutes ago, Rom177 said:

So between having two fewer pieces, the box being less expensive to produce, and only giving one set of tokens it feels a little like a profit grab.

Dude come on. The $50 boxes are a banging deal but saying that SF cutting the some of the terrain out of the pack as a cash grab is pretty lame. They are even including a metal LE Shark. This is a relatively cheap miniatures game. $100 for what you get is still a good deal.

**Not targeted at you specifically**
At the end of the day there must be a reason, or a slew of reasons, for SF to do it this way. I hope we just don't get the plastic at all. Metal is fine enough. Probably be less complaining and probably makes more financial sense if SF just uses metal for the ones they already have molds for.

Saw someone discuss how they wanted to expand their Kick Off teams in another thread: how is that going to work with 12 player boxes for the original teams? "Wow, love the two teams I got for £50 in the Kick Off box, I'll go and get the rest of the Masons models first so I can take them to an event!" "That'll be £70, and half of the models you buy you already have in plastic." £20 more for half the models. Massive rip-off, is what that player is going to say, then stop playing.

Surely 6-player boxes are the only way to expand Kick Off, and it makes no sense to have Brewers and Masons in 6 player boxes and all the others in 12, it just looks mental, like they have no plan. I'm hoping that somewhere it will be revealed that SFG were always going to release 6-player boxes, this whole exercise is just to see if people would like 12-player boxes released as well.

2 hours ago, S_A_T_S said:

Saw someone discuss how they wanted to expand their Kick Off teams in another thread: how is that going to work with 12 player boxes for the original teams? "Wow, love the two teams I got for £50 in the Kick Off box, I'll go and get the rest of the Masons models first so I can take them to an event!" "That'll be £70, and half of the models you buy you already have in plastic." £20 more for half the models. Massive rip-off, is what that player is going to say, then stop playing.

Surely 6-player boxes are the only way to expand Kick Off, and it makes no sense to have Brewers and Masons in 6 player boxes and all the others in 12, it just looks mental, like they have no plan. I'm hoping that somewhere it will be revealed that SFG were always going to release 6-player boxes, this whole exercise is just to see if people would like 12-player boxes released as well.

I've been saying for a while that I think the smartest decision they could make in regards to the plastic re-release would be to simultaneously release the second set of six for each of the Brewers and Masons as the first set. This would open up a huge, easy market of people who have already bought plastics and may want to expand their teams.

6 hours ago, RedSam said:

I've been saying for a while that I think the smartest decision they could make in regards to the plastic re-release would be to simultaneously release the second set of six for each of the Brewers and Masons as the first set. This would open up a huge, easy market of people who have already bought plastics and may want to expand their teams.

Yeah that's a good point. Why are they doing Fish first when they could redo the rest of the Masons and Brewers?

That said I hope they eventually do release the Masons and Brewers teams in Kick Off as their own 6 player boxes with proper resculpts. The Kick Off models aren't nearly the same level of quality as the Blacksmiths or Farmers. If they did that I might be tempted to rebuy some Masons for properly scaled Honour, Harmony, and Mallet sculpts.