Igpus

Four more Minor Guilds cryptically announced...

Today’s blog post states “...in true Mat Hart style during the closing ceremony of SteamCon USA we managed to cryptically announce four more! Were you paying close attention?”

Any guesses from those who were at the closing ceremony, or who have heard it?

The closing ceremony wasn't recorded unless they hid a camera very well or I was completely oblivious.

1 hour ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

Don't bank on it.

^ This is the only hint I know of that we've collectively managed to retroactively piece together. (inb4 that wasn't one of the 4 hints and we're all being trolled)

26 minutes ago, Nix said:

Wow, I know I missed whatever they cooked up.......

I see what you did there, one of the four is going to be the whatever guild!

1 hour ago, Polipotent said:

So Chef's guild? for the Butchers?

Haha that would be an amazing coincidence considering my Story I wrote for the challenge a while back was a Butchers vs Chefs guild match and I mentioned that the Chefs were a minor guild in that. Would be super happy if that was the case.

5 hours ago, LeadDiceandBeers said:

Don't bank on it.

I'm calling this as a crazy oblique clue - not the money lending bank, but something like the West Bank in Paris - so the Artists and Writers Guild . . . Okay, I'll be quiet now 

The minor guilds mentioned during SCUS Keynote were: Rat Catchers, Falconers, Lamp Lighters, Solthecians(sp?) i.e. the Church guild.

The possible minor guilds mentioned during the SCUS Closing ceremony: Bankers, Whalers, Bakers/Chefs, 

On Twitter @Nix also hinted at navigators and entertainers. But i may be reading more into one of those hints than was intended...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this whole thing now. It seems to have become very surreal.

So we've maybe got...

Chefs/Bakers? - Brewers/Butchers?

Bankers? - Farmers? (I can see them having a similar investment style mechanic that might allow interplay with harvest markers), Masons?

Entertainers? - Alchemists? (particularly given the Mercury-as-drunk-street-busker story)

Whalers/Navigators? - Fishermen?

And definitely got..

Lamplighters - Brewers/Alchemists/Engineers ?

Solthecians - Union

Falconers - Hunters

Ratcatchers - Morticians

8 minutes ago, malladin.ben said:

We've got an octopus that plays football ... and a horse and a bear. And I heard on a recent podcast (I think it was Singled Out) that at one early design stage Guild Ball had rules for playing in seas and oceans, so ... who wants a whale as a mascot?! :) (I'd probably accept a penguin as a compromise.)

2 minutes ago, ADG said:

We've got an octopus that plays football ... and a horse and a bear. And I heard on a recent podcast (I think it was Singled Out) that at one early design stage Guild Ball had rules for playing in seas and oceans, so ... who wants a whale as a mascot?! :) (I'd probably accept a penguin as a compromise.)

A whale as a mascot may be a litle bit too big, but a penguin is a must

14 minutes ago, malladin.ben said:

So we've maybe got...

Chefs/Bakers? - Brewers/Butchers?

Bankers? - Farmers? (I can see them having a similar investment style mechanic that might allow interplay with harvest markers), Masons?

Entertainers? - Alchemists? (particularly given the Mercury-as-drunk-street-busker story)

And definitely got..

Lamplighters - Brewers/Alchemists/Engineers ?

Solthecians - Union

Falconers - Hunters

Ratcatchers - Morticians

Bakers would have more sense with farmers, but I guess they will make chefs for the butchers.

Entertainers for the alchemist sounds nice, and that give them room to make really nice and original minis.

Bankers - I don't know they don't seems to have any relation with any of the guilds (well, ratcatchers and morticians doesn't have much similarity either), maybe with the masons, but I think masons - miners would be better.

Whalers and fishermen is kind of the some, don't you think? Maybe they can diferenciate them esthetically somehow but I don't see it.

I'm very impacient, I want to know them already.

4 hours ago, malladin.ben said:

On Twitter @Nix also hinted at navigators and entertainers. But i may be reading more into one of those hints than was intended...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this whole thing now. It seems to have become very surreal.

Navigators have been mentioned in the fluff before same with Messengers. 

1 hour ago, ADG said:

I would have thought the mascot might be an albatross for a whaler's team.