Igpus

Four more Minor Guilds cryptically announced...

Considering how they have been mentioned in the fluff, I expect Messengers to be the last major guild if we ever get more (considering the shadow counsel has 11 guilds on it and we currently have ten of them)

11 minutes ago, Kithkar said:

Considering how they have been mentioned in the fluff, I expect Messengers to be the last major guild if we ever get more (considering the shadow counsel has 11 guilds on it and we currently have ten of them)

This ^^ I have thought and heard the same from others

2 hours ago, Kithkar said:

1 hour ago, Kueller said:

This ^^ I have thought and heard the same from others

Yeah in the fluff I am fairly certain Messengers has been referred to as one of the big ones. But I don't think they are the mysterious last seat on the Shadow Counsel. I feel that will be something more creepy. 

1 minute ago, Toqtamish said:

Yeah in the fluff I am fairly certain Messengers has been referred to as one of the big ones. But I don't think they are the mysterious last seat on the Shadow Counsel. I feel that will be something more creepy. 

Yeah agreeing that they will be the last Guild, not sure about the Shadow Council Seat.

3 hours ago, Kueller said:

Yeah agreeing that they will be the last Guild, not sure about the Shadow Council Seat.

Well in the fluff it’s mentioned that the mysterious last seat is the twelfth seat. Assuming the ten guilds we have now are all on the shadow council, that means there’s one more that isn’t that mysterious seat. The messengers are mentioned a bunch playing the other major guilds so I would assume they are also a major guild, and thus potentially that last 11th taken shadow council seat.

5 hours ago, Kithkar said:

(considering the shadow counsel has 11 guilds on it and we currently have ten of them)

...perhaps not. Worth mention that having a team in the game at present does not equate to a place on the shadow council. At present, I count mentioned by name Butchers, Morticians, Fishermen, Astronomers, Engineers, and Messengers. Blacksmiths were only fairly recently confirmed also.

25 minutes ago, Sherwin said:

...perhaps not. Worth mention that having a team in the game at present does not equate to a place on the shadow council. At present, I count mentioned by name Butchers, Morticians, Fishermen, Astronomers, Engineers, and Messengers. Blacksmiths were only fairly recently confirmed also.

Wild speculation begins Sherwin indicates more unknown major guilds to come....:P

Are the alchemists part of the shadow council? I play on Vassal so the lore eludes me a bit, but I got the impression that they were a relatively weak guild who had yet to prove themselves as important or essential and who were constantly bankrupt.

Sherwin just liked the post. Is that a confirmation or a troll? 

Also if you are listening, is Obulus the Solthecian devil? Hemlocke's story mentioned how she had begun to serve "the devil himself", and since she joined morticians she would be serving Obulus, who goes out of his way to reduce the church's influence.

You guys have been spelling it wrong. It's the Wailers guild. Basically a bunch of women that spend their time walking the sea shore and mourning those that have been lost to the sea. They will play a major part in the fluff as the GB world starts coming to grips with the death of the greatest player of all time...

Also I was picking bankers as a guild that would be related to the engineers. It seems the Engies are where the money is at right now as far as the Guilds are concerned. Mind you I also thought that we would see the church as a major guild with the bank as their minor so I wouldn't trust any of my random speculations at all.

18 hours ago, kelsier said:

Bakers would have more sense with farmers, but I guess they will make chefs for the butchers.

Bakers and Brewers are both very grain & yeast based.  Most home brewers I know also end up baking bread or visa-versa...

Not saying you're wrong (cause I know nothing like a certain Snow), but my guess/speculation leans towards Brewers & Bakers (Butchers & Chefs, if it's a Chef guild instead of a Baker's guild)

9 hours ago, Sherwin said:

I very rarely troll people, good sir. Far too much of that already existing on the internet. Yes, you can safely assume the Alchemist's Guild do not have a seat on the Shadow Council.

My apologies, I was simply surprised to receive a response from a staff member. I was also trying not to stoke my ego.

I also wonder if we are looking at things wrong, maybe with some guilds the 'minor' guilds will not be the guild newly released, but the one that was already here. Messengers and Astronomers (not scholars?) are on the list. Alchemists and Brewers both seem to be relatively weak, on the other hand. 

3 minutes ago, Xavian and Deathgrip said:

My apologies, I was simply surprised to receive a response from a staff member. I was also trying not to stoke my ego.

I also wonder if we are looking at things wrong, maybe with some guilds the 'minor' guilds will not be the guild newly released, but the one that was already here. Messengers and Astronomers (not scholars?) are on the list. Alchemists and Brewers both seem to be relatively weak, on the other hand. 

They've already said that every guild we currently have is a Major Guild. 

I could see the bankers being with alchemists since the guild is becoming/currently bankrupt after their over investment in the S2 cup that didn't pay off. They could be getting eaten alive by loan sharks and debt to the bankers.

Chefs seems obvious to butchers after the gutter UiC ending featured Mr "Pepper"Ed temples McCommandingAura

1 minute ago, Ik-tornado said:

I could see the bankers being with alchemists since the guild is becoming/currently bankrupt after their over investment in the S2 cup that didn't pay off. They could be getting eaten alive by loan sharks and debt to the bankers.

The bailiffs guild? Each turn they can take a play off an alchemist model and keep it? :P