Sign in to follow this  
Ragnar Rok

Tuesday Night GB (TNGB)

Hey guys,

Tuesday Night Guild Ball...TNGB,  I will probably be running against Butcher and then probably Thresher's Farmers. 

Looking for lineup advice.

Against Butchers:

Skatha

Fahad

Jaecar

vHearne

Ulfr

Zarola

Score, and score fast, not sure if I need Seenah over Zarola to clog up the middle?  2-2 or 3-1.

Against Thresher:

Theron

Fahad

Chaska

Jaecar

oHearne

Egret

Shoot at them and shoot often, pull farmers into traps, go for Quad boombox on THresher, and Tater, etc.  

I don't have many games of Hunters under my belt, so this will be a great challenge for me. 

9 minutes ago, Coach Z said:

I would definitely take Snow over Fahad into Butchers.  The Pack Mentality dodge aura is really good against them.

Duly noted. What about Seenah to bully other players? Or, is she just a MoM pinball machine?

6 minutes ago, Coach Z said:

I would definitely take Snow over Fahad into Butchers.  The Pack Mentality dodge aura is really good against them.

@Coach Z is spot on. Lotsa 1" melee models on the Butchers' line up makes those dodges very powerful. Fillet, Meathook, oBrisket, and Shank probably won't change their damage results much but if the other players have damage + a dodge or push at all it is lower in the playbook and generally with less damage. Might not get you out of a ton of melee zone but it very well could keep a player in the game longer.

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Rok said:

Duly noted. What about Seenah to bully other players? Or, is she just a MoM pinball machine?

It depends on what you want to accomplish. I think just swapping Seenah for one of the players in your butchers line up might feel odd since it looks very football oriented and you won't have much to keep the other guy off of Seenah being spread out.

I think this depends more on opponent captain pick. I don't think I have the stomach to play the bear into Fillet since she could pretty reasonable one round Seenah.

Into Ox it is still risky but if you can screen the bear with a forest or maybe Hearne, just something to keep them from piling in, it isn't a crazy pick. Butchers are smashy but 6 players on the team have less than 15 starting health which Seenah likes. Just go into the game assuming that your opponent is going to clear snare every chance they get because they ARE going to win the momentum race on you.

Yeah, if you have room for Snow in your 10 (I don't bring him in spite of what I'm about to say) he's money into Butchers.

I would run Skatha, Snow/Fahad, Jaecar, Zarola, Ulfr, Egret/vHearne. That last slot is pretty up for grabs. vHearne can help Ulfr and Skatha with goal scoring, but he's also a 3/1 Def model with no defensive tech, so he's going to die suuuper fast once they get him, especially considering he's not great at disengaging. Egret is way slipperier but more dependent on character plays, brings less control, and isn't exactly tanky. What she could do is slip in and out of melee and add yet another goal threat. It's a build I haven't tried yet, but I plan to give it a go tomorrow against the Farmers.

Jaecar is Jaecar, so he might die but he's stupid good and threatens take outs and goals while forcing your opponent to chase him to the flanks and through traps. And Zarola is just amazing in general. She speeds your team up and is so annoying for a Fillet team to get into. Ultimately, you're looking to score early and often. Get to 2 goals and then threaten both the third goal or two take outs.

5 hours ago, Ragnar Rok said:

go for Quad boombox on THresher, and Tater

If you succeed to set up the quad box (and it's always "if"), you still have less than 1/3 chance to hit them with all four attacks. Less than 2/3 if they are snared, but that's an even bigger "if". Not saying Chaska can't be good vs farmers, those pushes and traps are really useful, but I think quad boxing isn't your best possible plan A.

58 minutes ago, angyi said:

If you succeed to set up the quad box (and it's always "if"), you still have less than 1/3 chance to hit them with all four attacks. Less than 2/3 if they are snared, but that's an even bigger "if". Not saying Chaska can't be good vs farmers, those pushes and traps are really useful, but I think quad boxing isn't your best possible plan A.

And on top of that good luck keeping Chaska safe when he has to get within 9" of Thresher.

I don't have snow in my ten, but she's really gold into some matchups. As always with Skatha look to pressure ball and try to keep a player on flank and someone central to avoid any deadball situations (you can't mitigate it completely but by not pressuring side of the table it makes it easier).

Use the time between time handling the ball to grab players. Jaecar, Fahad & Skatha should be enough to grab you the two kills during the game. Most of luck mate! 

Tonight I'm trying Skatha, Fahad, Zarola, Ulfr, Seenah & Minx. First time in like 50 games with Hunters I'm not using Jaecar? But that's what casual games nights are all about. Experiment, experiment and experiment! 

Fun Fact - every time I wrote experiment I managed to spell differently and wrong, including the one I just wrote.