Sign in to follow this  
kelsier

Foul odor - Casket

Hi,

I started playing with the morticians and I have problems with Casket. At the start I need him in the mid of my team, but if I put him there I need to put the others really far to the sides to not catch the foul odor. And all the time I have to stay thinking about it, he is more a nuisance to me that to the enemy. Ghast seems a lot more helpful. Can you give me tips or something? How do you use Casket?

Thanks

Activate him first and move him up so he is away from rest of your team. He can be difficult at times to work around but if you place him correctly he is hard for your opponent than yourself. 

If kicking you could also start with him kicking off, putting him further up the field and starting the game with that Rough Ground even closer to the opponent.

Ghostly Visage is an often overlooked but potentially clutch play.  Don't forget to use it if you see your opponent setting up for a charge.  Heavy Burden can be triggered off the playbook momentously and doesn't need to target the same model Casket is attacking.  If you're activating early for a Casket Time but you don't need all four attacks to secure it, slipping one in can maximize the value of the activation.  Obulus isn't slowed by Foul Odor even if he starts his activation in the aura as long as his Shadowlike movement takes him out of it.  If you find you need someone near Casket for one reason or another, the Ferryman is a good candidate.

Dirge can also ignore the rough ground, Cosset is also normally fast enough to just move through it. It's a drawback but Casket can straight up win games with a Casket time so he's well worth it. 

I am thinking that if you kick off with Obulus, then move up Casket for defensive support, and then layer the rest of the team either off to the side of behind Obulus/Casket, might be a good opening move.  Another thought is that you can kick off with Mist and then use Casket for defensive support as Mist can acrobatic out of Casket's aura.

I kick with Casket sometimes to get him out of the way, and he can drop a Ghostly Visage down to protect himself (and others) and play a more aggressive Morticians game.

I also do the opposite to @Rom177 and sometimes run both Ghast and Casket. They end up being huge resource sinks for the other team, tying up players for 2 or 3 turns. In an Obulus list you can afford to take the influence hit  a bit more.

i dont usually ever kick off with casket because Obulus is usually the better kick off model due to the absurd reach of puppet master. i usually just spread my models out and have casket wander off earlier