Lumpyseven

Blacksmiths vs Hunters

I've had pretty solid success with Theron into Hunters. Being able to practically drop a apprentice to half health with Theron is pretty strong, they also bring next to no ranged presence so you can play a pretty a solid kill the ball, slow the masters down and feed on apprentices game. 

3 minutes ago, ForestRambo said:

I've had pretty solid success with Theron into Hunters. Being able to practically drop a apprentice to half health with Theron is pretty strong, they also bring next to no ranged presence so you can play a pretty a solid kill the ball, slow the masters down and feed on apprentices game. 

Haha @ForestRambo I was looking for advice against Hunters :P Mainly for this exact reason!

I think speed it going to be BS answer to anything. Farris being able to zoom around and generate momentum should help vs Snared. Don’t take anvil or sledge. Too slow and vulnerable - Theron can 1 round sledge. 

Chris is right. Run a fast and furious list, Ferrite, Anvil, Hearth, Alloy, Farris, Bolt. With the exception of Hearth that whole team is fast enough to make things happen. go for 3 goals. You can make three faster than your usual Theron crew can.

1 hour ago, FUSEWV said:

Chris is right. Run a fast and furious list, Ferrite, Anvil, Hearth, Alloy, Farris, Bolt. With the exception of Hearth that whole team is fast enough to make things happen. go for 3 goals. You can make three faster than your usual Theron crew can.

Did you mean Ferrite and Iron?  Since that list has 4 Masters. :P

Generally agree.  I might consider Burnish/Cast over Ferrite/Iron, but I think either pair works.

Ferrite,Farris, Burnish(?), with bolt, alloy, Iron (or cast). I am very shaky with this lineup though so I am unsure as to the issues it might have against theron. Alloy and bolt go to opposite sides to make sure Theron can't bully both. Ferrite and Farris take the middle  with burnish laying down covering fire. score quick and often

My problems are these three in combination with each other. Jaecar, Chaska and Theon. Theon can easily go forward, shoot three times and snaring everything, Jaecar is super fast and easily rips apart damaged apprentices and even masters (happened to Burnish last time, "just" 4 damage from theon and jaecar with 4 influence finishes the job on everyone but Anvil and Hearth). Chaska does horrendous damage and hits you incredibly easy once snared, can also be used very effectively to rescue forwarding Theon from the grips of 2 or 3 models by just blowing 2 of them 4" away. If Theon is still trapped after all this, he is still very capable of just dodging himself or pushing you away.

Hunters and alchemists really are a nightmare for me and I think my next approach is going to be a full footballing team to mitigate the snared and pinned effects.

I play  vs hunters weekly,  and I got my box 2 back from the painters so will be giving them ago.  I have played it before so if my opponent drop Theron I will probably be dropping the following 

captain burnish, cast, furnace iron, hearth alloy.  Generally burnish makes the hunter discouraged from using chaska, and having the burning condition is better than snare +2 of the members will ignore it.  Iron, furnace and alloy can score but iron cast and burnish can deal some damage.   I don’t really mind throwing iron in front of jaecar since he will typically get 1 attack and then double pushed back.  Poison knives helps with people like zarola and Theron to make flame belch easier.

12 hours ago, Riozaki said:

I play  vs hunters weekly,  and I got my box 2 back from the painters so will be giving them ago.  I have played it before so if my opponent drop Theron I will probably be dropping the following 

captain burnish, cast, furnace iron, hearth alloy.  Generally burnish makes the hunter discouraged from using chaska, and having the burning condition is better than snare +2 of the members will ignore it.  Iron, furnace and alloy can score but iron cast and burnish can deal some damage.   I don’t really mind throwing iron in front of jaecar since he will typically get 1 attack and then double pushed back.  Poison knives helps with people like zarola and Theron to make flame belch easier.

Ok, game finished blacksmith victory 12-6.

Captain Burnish , Cast, Hearth, Alloy,Furnace, Iron
vs
Theron, Fahad, Zarola, Jaecar, Seenah, Minx

Like i thought the hunter was discouraged from using Chaska.  Alloy scored 1 goal,  Cast Killed Minx, jaecar and Seenah. Burnish killed Jaecar.

Seenah killed Alloy twice, Theron killed Iron once.