Sign in to follow this  
DrJekyll

Are we all plastic now?

5 minutes ago, ForestRambo said:

$100 Dollars is cheaper then it currently it is too buy the two separate metal boxes no? That doesn't include a terrain piece, goal and custom ball. Seems pretty good to me. 

So what? It would not be cheaper than two plastic boxes of the current PVC ranges which it will be sold alongside that have more stuff collectively. You should pay less for PVC models because they are not as good a quality as metal ones.

I would rather see all the teams just have 2 plastic boxes each so as to make entry to the game with older teams as it is for the starting the newer teams.

I'm fine with either, i do like assembling the models, it's relaxing.

What i really hope is that the new models are all the same scale. I can't stand the difference in scale with some of the newer stuff.  I mean Theron is a monster, but don't you think Obulus would be around 6.5 feet tall? He is so tiny compared to Theron and LE Mist.

For Masons and Brewers that are already plastic for half of their members, I would be hesitant to purchase a third copy.

As someone that have purchased all the Season 1 and 2  metals, I think I would only go purchase plastic Season 1+2 Guild Models, if all of them is guaranteed to be made, not just the Fisherman's Guild

Pass for me and anyone new getting in to the game is either gonna buy just kick off or one of the six man teams. All 12 models is too much for an initial buy in for most everyone. 

Be careful with the form, it is only the one question. I figured there was more to it so I could actually provide some feedback but it's literally email and the one question. 

19 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

Be careful with the form, it is only the one question. I figured there was more to it so I could actually provide some feedback but it's literally email and the one question. 

Yeah, happened to me as well. I wanted to state "Yes, I own the Fishermen already and No, I wouldn't buy them again". But the option for "No" never was there and now my vote probably counts as "Yes, I own the Fishermen already and Yes, I would buy them again". ;)

I currently only own Farmers at the moment. I've owned metal/resin teams before and while they'd be my preference usually, I would jump on the chance to get a full PVC team of any of the S1-S2 teams. The Fish look great, and Morticians would be cool (not entirely keen on the plastic Ghast pose though).

I'm torn. On the one hand, I rather like the new Sirens, Shark, and Greyscales, plus the terrain and goal. On the other, I'm not sure how I feel about re-buying models. Maybe I could buy them and then gift my old ones to friends or family...

7 minutes ago, ForestRambo said:

The form was kind of confusing, It asked me if I own the Fisherman team, I said yes.

Form done? That doesn't seem ideal marker research, it didn't ask me anything about would I re-buy a PVC team.

You're supposed to fill it out if you would

31 minutes ago, Calum Todd said:

I currently only own Farmers at the moment. I've owned metal/resin teams before and while they'd be my preference usually, I would jump on the chance to get a full PVC team of any of the S1-S2 teams. The Fish look great, and Morticians would be cool (not entirely keen on the plastic Ghast pose though).

I can’t remember the plastic Ghast... is it lurking online somewhere?

edit: wait... a vague memory surfaces of it matching the original art. That one?

anyway, it seems that it’s been set up so answering the survey is automatically a “yes I will buy them” - the button says that basically, the only further question is “will you buy them on top of an already owned fish team, or expand into the guild?”

Not a fan of the twelve man box plan. Would rather see two sixes for ease of entry for new players  

Am a fan of the idea of an additional limited metal Shark sculpt, as he’s the one from the plastic box I like the most so people having that bonus Shark means I could probably get my hands on the plastic one without rebuying the whole thing. 

That's a...weird layout for a questionnaire. That said, I'd buy the box of 12, but it's going to feel a bit like less value unless they add two pieces of terrain and two posts. Easier for retailers to stock, so I kind of get it, but the Farmers and Blacksmiths are SO well priced in comparison to other minis out there. Metal Shark as a bonus holds zero incentive for me - I want to buy the plastics because I'm happy with them, not because I want to pin metals, so that doesn't seem like the right sort of value-addition.

It'd make sense, I think, to release a kick-off supplement that contains the other half of Masons and Brewers plus terrain and two posts - that, kick-off, and the terrain pack rounds them out too. Or they could just do a pair of 6 person boxes. Either way, I really hope those come soon - I have no interest in buying the metals for the six not in kick-off to have a half-and-half team.

Eagerly awaiting the  plastics as I want to get those characters that have been so hyped up in teh forums and fluff, but am inept at putting metal models together. 

I think 2 6 man boxes would be better, making it easier, more appealing for a new comer to get into the game. I can't see too many people willing to pay $100 to get in, as opposed to $50, no matter how much you get. (That said I can see just as many people complaining about having to buy a whole $50 box to get only one or two models that they want. But if single models is not doable, 6 man boxes would be best)

18 hours ago, Siberys said:

I'm torn. On the one hand, I rather like the new Sirens, Shark, and Greyscales, plus the terrain and goal. On the other, I'm not sure how I feel about re-buying models. Maybe I could buy them and then gift my old ones to friends or family...

Totally agree, though could equally eBay the non-Shark, SIrens and Greyscales models if none of my friends were interested.

What I wanted to mention though was "can't we have someone other than Shark for an exclusive extra mini?"  If this box is made there'll be Regular, Kickstarter, Plastic, and Chibi versions of Shark and they mention offering another metal one in the box - how about a variant sculpt of Corsair instead?!  (or Angel, Jac or Sakana; the models whose sculpt looks unchanged in the plastic box?)