Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
R.J.Dio

Who is your favourite ball handler?

Recommended Posts

Hi guys

New player here, will have soon all the 12 smith models

My question is : who is your favourite ball handler?

If you can't or want not to score and want to wait a bit, who do you give the ball?

I am thinking at hearth due to her kd on first result and 2" reach that can be pushed to 3 and sturdy 

Furnace is  my other option due to his better defence, tackle on one, push and kd, plus a longer kick for his next activation

Your thoughts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Largely depends on the opponents team. If they don't have a 2" model that can get there Cinder with decoy up. Possibly "use this" so she has Greyscales level of UM. Consider sentinel.

Sledge, he always has 2" with a counter attack Tackle on 1, pile-driver on 2 (in case they're close control or fail the tackle) and knock back. Consider sentinel

Furnace isn't bad for most scenarios considering the decent defenses and 2", around sledge levels of ball stall. Great while under his legendary vs most strikers.

Iron if they are 1", or he has "use this" and outside of a spot the enemy gets base to base. The first tackle blows close control, then you push them away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So you don't consider hearth for this purpose?

If i load Piledriver previously, let's say during sledge activation, can i apply its effect during a counterattack? It is sustained so i assume yes

The problem is that he's susceptible to kd (so that is why i loved hearth)

 

Assuming Hearth is probably my most liked player in blacksmith and so, assuming i have "use this" at my disposal, you think cinder and iron are the best option for this use?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really liked this question considering I don't normally play stall ball but this is something good to know. Cinder and iron if you have Use This available, if not sledge and furnace, and then hearth I would say. Don't want to standard scatter if you don't have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While they're "easily" KD'd that doesn't guarantee the opponent gets a ball, it may even scatter to your team especially if you're in a sentinel aura and considering all the 40mm+ bases you have.

Also most ball retrieval pieces don't have a good KD result if they have one at all, so tackle is more important generally. You can typically protect from a knockdown just by increasing the distance from the opponent. But for sake of the point let's say Tapper is looking to scatter the ball. As long as he has momentum to stand up he can go into Hearth and make 2 attacks each at 93.8% reaching the knockdown. If he goes into Sledge the KD only has a 65.6% chance of hitting per attack, 34.4% if sentinel. Odds are roughly similar for Furnace regularly and under legendary respectively. And if Cinder is decoyed the first attack is 32% or 10% with sentinel.

I think there is a time hearth is who you want to kill a ball but it's a very specific niche. Remember that fish have ranged plays to force you to pass or give them the ball and 2 def is asking for it there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think killing the ball with Smiths is generally a bad idea, so I usually have it on Alloy or Ferrite in hopes of getting something done. Otherwise it’s going to be on someone like Iron who will swing it out to a safer player for the 4” dodge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well yes, hearth is obviously easy to be Kd, but got Sturdy to avoid it at first attempt and then kd / push by herself. That's why i considered her

Anyway , sledge is not making into my lineups, at least for now, so Cinder and Iron will be the choices, depending on situation (And the presence of cinder too, while iron seem to me quite attractive in many lineups i find Cinder more Furnace + Cast related)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To echo a few others, Hearth is your ball killer sturdy and a KD on 1 FTW. Iron is also not terrible for this purpose given Close Control, >> on 1, and his ability to go from hiding mid to back field to slamming it into the post almost at will.

That being said, I think a lack of substantial ball killing ability is one of the intentional weaknesses of the guild that allows us to have the level of strength we get in other areas of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×