Sign in to follow this  
ForestRambo

Fish 10.

So I'm just looking at a fish 10, purely hypothetical. 

Shark, Corsair, Salt, Tentacles, Hag, oSiren, Sakana, Greyscales, Jac, A&G. 

Does this sound sensible?

Shark, Salt, Hag, Greyscales, Sakana & oSiren 

Corsair, Tentacles, oSiren, Hag, A&G Greyscales / Sakana as flex pick.

Your 10 looks good to be me. I'm not a fan of the vSiren, Kraken or Angel.

The 6 I like to take with Shark are Shark, Salt, Jac, oSiren, Greyscales and either Sakana or Hag.

Whilst I'm still trying to sort out my Corsair team, I want to try out those 6. I've still not worked out how to use Corsair.

C'monnnnnnnnn where's the solo Shark list? :D

In all seriousness, my only change would be to take Jac out and put either Kraken or Angel in. Personally, I think Jac is just bad. The tackle on one is nice but you already have so many models that are good at taking the ball. So then the question is does Trident Tested outweigh the niche benefit of Kraken and Angel? For me, it doesn't, but then I like to play teams like Shark, Salt, Hag, Sakana, Greyscales, and oSiren, who are all pretty good at slipping out of combat when they need to, so maybe I just don't value Jac's ability to screw with the opposing team's engagement. But having the easy KD, alternative Drag option and bit of momentous damage from Kraken seems stronger to me than the extra one influence and heroic from Jac.

I would play gutter over A&G and only pick 1 mascot. If you prefer shark then salt, or corsair and the squid thing... (not biased at all). 

Gutter plus gang ups in a corsair list is dirty, plus A&G require 5 influence to essentially do the work and keep little man safe. 

1 hour ago, THE_DOJO_MIKE said:

I would play gutter over A&G and only pick 1 mascot. If you prefer shark then salt, or corsair and the squid thing... (not biased at all). 

Gutter plus gang ups in a corsair list is dirty, plus A&G require 5 influence to essentially do the work and keep little man safe. 

Counterpoint: A&G is (are?) a super important piece in certain matchups. Specifically tough hide but also his access to singled out.  He's currently the only real source of offensive buffs in faction and Corsair, Siren, and Hag all enable him basically better than anything in the game.  

I would be interested to see how much Blacksmiths and Farmers make it into the meta.  I think that Gutter is probably a better pick if you start seeing a lot of them.  It's definitely interesting. 

I don't bother bringing Tentacles. He is solid but I prefer what Salt brings to the table (ha, table salt.) You don't probably need both mascots if it means leaving a Siren at home. They are both nearly indispensable. Whether you leave Salt or Tentacles I don't think either one is worth trading a player. If you absolutely wanted to bring both I'd probably drop Sakana or Greyscales since they operate in kind of the same space (though both on the same team is pretty sweet.)

I don't swear very often on the forum (mostly because it is unnecessary) so that it means something when I do. Veteran Siren is the fuckin' boss into Brewers, Butchers, Hunters, and Farmers. Dread Gaze is the dopeness. Let them swing at her and then watch the smile disappear when they remember Escaping Fate. 

To each their own but I don't think I could advise a player to construct a roster without both Sirens. I'd leave Shark at home before dropping one of them.

I went 3-0 with this list (http://longshanks.org/events/?event=646) and took the following 10:

Shark, Corsair, Salt, Angel, Greyscales, Hag, Jac, Sakana, Siren, A&G.

Not a big fan of Tentacles having used him, I find Salt adds a bit more pressure being more mobile. Akso didn't like vSiren or Kraken much, so that left Jac as my filler (mainly for if I play a team that puts a dead ball behind a scrum and out of Siren/Corsair range, I can blow it open to retrieve it).

My matchups were Shark, Salt, Hag, Sakana, Greyscales every match, then

vs Union (vRage) I took Siren plus Greyscales

vs Morticians (Scalpel) I took Angel

vs Alchemists (Midas) I took Siren 

Should note that pre tournament I had only ever played 1 game with Corsair and, though I found him to be an absolute monster, I felt more comfortable taking Shark into each matchup.

I regularly have success with:

Shark, Corsair, Salt, Tentacles, Sakana, Greyscales, Hag, Angel, Siren1, Siren2.

And I only play Shark.  Corsair is just there for the matchup bluffs.

Play angel, hag, the sirens, and the mascots back as defenders to move the ball up the field, while shark goes down the middle and sakana and greyscale score from the wings.  So far in the last 3 tournaments I've gone 8-2 (2 of those tournaments without conceding more than 2 victory points except on the losses), one loss to brand new blacksmiths right after their release, the other being to engineers that kept killing the damn ball.  Try it out!