• Announcements

• Mako

Tales of Infamy   12/13/2017

Looking for more Guild Ball content? Just in the last week we've had new episodes of Singled Out, Double Dodge, Strictly the Worst and Don't Touch the Beard, as well as blogs from ForestRambo and MidwestWargaming! Check out Tales of Infamy in the Guild Ball section
Sign in to follow this  
Pending Forum Suspension

What about a "Creator" sub?

What do you all think about a sub forum for content creators? Somewhere to easily find your favorite blogs and new creators easily? It isn't world ending the way things are now (i.e. creators usually just post in the general guild ball forum) but it might be nice if you are looking for something specific to have a sub to find them in. Maybe a nice place to discuss creating content with other creators and share tips, tricks, and time savers? I was going to just shoot @Mako a message but thought I'd canvas and see if there was even interest in something like that. I also don't know how much work something like that would demand and that is why I tagged our Administrator in Chief.

Would something like that be useful to creators and readers?

I’ll move some stuff over in the coming days, and people can post up their blogs and podcasts in there. Not sure how people want to do it, if there’s a single thread for each cast/blog that gets a new post when an update happens, I can sticky those to generate a list of them at the top of the forum. Or folks can post new threads for each new episode/article, but I probably won’t be able to keep up with stickying those so they’ll just come and go as the updates occur. 

Preferences?

A list of stickies sounds like it'd be easy to navigate.

I think letting creators just throw up a new post for each update might reward folks that create higher content count, or more discussion provoking content, with higher visibility. Some real pros and cons to both. IMO you can't go wrong and I'd do whatever is easiest for you but perhaps others have different feelings.

1 minute ago, Ik-tornado said:

uh-oh i think it broke the forums. i'm having the +/quote/heart box appear in the middle of posts

It seems to have *fixed* that problem for me. Been doing that for a few weeks now and just stopped today.

My concern  about this is on of traffic, sub forums get less (it wouldn't surprise me if some people didn't check them at all - I don't much) and in this case the Blogs and podcast section is basically a child forum of a sub forum.....if the pages get less hits than normal (which I suspect will be  the case) you may well find people not bothering to use it at all, which would entirely eliminate the use for it. 

Well, that’s an easy fix - if people would rather have less layering, then the tales of infamy section was put there with content creators in mind - it can just be used as a single block rather than broken up :)

Really, I should’ve thought of it last night... there already is a creators section :P

Man, that was quick... I was still fiddling when you posted! :D

Like @ningu said, I've reorganised a little - Tales of Infamy only really has guild ball content, so it's now in the guild ball section. Painting and trade has gone into the main SFG section as they aren't specific to any one game. That hopefully provides a more convenient split for podcasts, blogs and battle reports without leaving them languishing in a backwater at the bottom of the forum. As always though, I'm open to suggestions and thoughts!

@mako is was really trippy... every time I refreshed the page it was different :wacko:

Btw, the rules clarification board has disappeared, and Team Discussion board is empty.

Edit: Can we get a Godtear board as well, or is that coming later?

@Mako if this is the finally layout (for now) I would say I dig it. We'll have to see what the content creators think but I don't imagine they should see a dip in traffic. The totally different look should help with this vs just adding a sub. Gets people looking around.

Well, as long as no other bits of the forum try to escape into random areas, it should stay like this for a while :D

(hopefully I’ve reset all of that, but if there’s still a glitch and something isn’t showing up PM me and I’ll get on it)

Godtear will probably get one down the line, though if I set one up too early it just ends up with people endlessly posting “when is more info coming?” :P

Fixed that too now

Man, this was like deciding to swap two cards on the bottom on a house of cards... 

Anything else I need to take a look at? :D

21 minutes ago, Mako said:

Anything else I need to take a look at? :D

The Godtear board? :D

(Yes I know you aren't going to put it up yet)

16 hours ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

@Mako if this is the finally layout (for now) I would say I dig it. We'll have to see what the content creators think but I don't imagine they should see a dip in traffic. The totally different look should help with this vs just adding a sub. Gets people looking around.

As a content creator I am not convinced this is the case at all...but time will tell I guess. I don’t think any content creator has actually asked for this sub forum have they?

I guess we can see how it pans out, anything else is merely conjecture.