Pending Forum Suspension

What about a "Creator" sub?

I’m more than happy to keep an eye and revisit it, so if you spot a big drop in views over the next few definitely PM me. Maybe there’s other things that can be done to support podcasts, I’m definitely not trying to shut them away!

My thinking is that it’ll keep podcast threads from being lost in the discussion threads, which will make them easier to track through. It’ll also give folks looking for a new podcast or blog somewhere quick to see what’s active, hopefully encouraging more cross-listening. 

Like you say it’s conjecture though, based on a few audience requests and my own thinking, and I’m always open to changing my thinking :)

3 hours ago, Mako said:

I’m more than happy to keep an eye and revisit it, so if you spot a big drop in views over the next few definitely PM me. Maybe there’s other things that can be done to support podcasts, I’m definitely not trying to shut them away!

My thinking is that it’ll keep podcast threads from being lost in the discussion threads, which will make them easier to track through. It’ll also give folks looking for a new podcast or blog somewhere quick to see what’s active, hopefully encouraging more cross-listening. 

Like you say it’s conjecture though, based on a few audience requests and my own thinking, and I’m always open to changing my thinking :)

Absolutely. I mean the whole point is to make it easier for everyone. If it doesn't work and winds up hurting traffic there's no reason we can't switch it back.

On 12/8/2017 at 11:54 AM, Mako said:

Anything else I need to take a look at? :D

The quote bar is back to being in the middle of each post for me :(

(It's actually appearing immediately after the last line of text in each post, if that helps solve any CSS mysteries.)

7 minutes ago, RedSam said:

The quote bar is back to being in the middle of each post for me :(

(It's actually appearing immediately after the last line of text in each post, if that helps solve any CSS mysteries.)

I can't see anything that would be causing it, but I'll keep looking

@Mako I wonder if the Scholars Guild summer challenge should move from "Tales of Infamy" to "Community Event Archive" ... this would make it more obvious that the main new content in the section is blogs and podcasts etc.

(Although it's also fine where it is ... Time to stop reading forums and do something useful with my day off work instead, like painting!)

It feels like my concerns are felt by a fair number of content creators.

The link shows a chat thread where we discuss it.

My concerns are that this idea was rushed into place, with no consultation for the content creators it is meant to be helping. If content creators feel like posting here is increasingly not worth their time, this section will be left unused.

From that chat we have had that seems to be the case, with less conversation on these threads, and less clicks linking people to the content.