THE_DOJO_MIKE

All goals, all day

After playing butchers and brewers for quite some time now, I feel like i need a change and play something scoring. The issue is I don't want to play the normal scoring teams like fish or engineers. I feel like playing union would be a lot of fun using the two "lesser" captains. My thoughts are pretty simple, play the 3-0 game and score as many jank goals as I can come up with. List is as follows:

Seabrisket

Blackheart

Coin

Mist

Decimate

Harry

Grace

Benidiction

Snakeskin

Hemlock

Let me know what you think/ if this is a viable list or not.

If your plan is to go 3-0 every game, this is probably the 10 that will best support that. If you want the option to go 2-2 if necessary, I'd consider someone like Rage or Gutter in place of Snakeskin, who I doubt you will take very often - she's better at holding onto the ball than she is at actually getting a goal, and you're going to want the ball in play essentially all the time. 

Even with shadow like, mom dodge on 1, and mom tackle dodge on 3. I feel like she could be a goal threat or even put up nimble and clone then sprint to snapshot range. But to be fair to your argument, Gutter and snakeskin were fighting for that last spot on the line up. 

The momentous tackle dodge is a good result, but it's only reliable off of a charge, and you'd still need to spike a roll to the  :<<: on 4 to even get away from a 2" model safely. Clone doesn't really solve that either - it's good when she's holding the ball and someone comes at her to take it, but it doesn't do anything but negate a counterattack on the turn she's trying to get a goal.

Snapshots are cool and all but they're extremely risky. I wouldn't want any less than 4-5 dice on my kick (before Bonus Time) if my plan is to put someone in range specifically to snapshot.

I play BH looking for the 3-0 over Trisket all the time. 

BH, Coin, Decimate, Harry, Snakeskin, and Mist are my normal 6. You can put Mist and Snakeskin on either wing and have a solid goal threat. You keep the rest in a scrum in the middle and use Inspiring Hat and BH to quickly switch the field. 

Don't underestimate Snakeskin. She's my MVP. Nimble Clone ball killing is fantastic and she can dance and tackle. There are so many uses for her. Kill the ball to set up a late turn goal and use BH to take it off her. Score quickly and send her in to tackle it away. Shadowlike out to start the next round. She's also very underrated so opponents may ignore her. 

I have so much fun with the roster, Trisket, Grace, and Benny have never hit the table. Rage is in the tournament roster for the matchups that he is better suited for. 

16 minutes ago, riffbw said:

I play BH looking for the 3-0 over Trisket all the time. 

BH, Coin, Decimate, Harry, Snakeskin, and Mist are my normal 6. You can put Mist and Snakeskin on either wing and have a solid goal threat. You keep the rest in a scrum in the middle and use Inspiring Hat and BH to quickly switch the field. 

Don't underestimate Snakeskin. She's my MVP. Nimble Clone ball killing is fantastic and she can dance and tackle. There are so many uses for her. Kill the ball to set up a late turn goal and use BH to take it off her. Score quickly and send her in to tackle it away. Shadowlike out to start the next round. She's also very underrated so opponents may ignore her. 

I have so much fun with the roster, Trisket, Grace, and Benny have never hit the table. Rage is in the tournament roster for the matchups that he is better suited for. 

I know for sure that Blackheart is a balling captain who is very capable. I chose to run trisket for the speed at which you can end a game. Blackheart can grind out a 3-0 game or even more of a grind at 2-2, but I feel like Brisket and her lineup can score 3 goals before turn 3 is over. I have played a few games with her and it makes pressure on your opponents very nervous. Just my musings on my newish guild

16 minutes ago, THE_DOJO_MIKE said:

I know for sure that Blackheart is a balling captain who is very capable. I chose to run trisket for the speed at which you can end a game. Blackheart can grind out a 3-0 game or even more of a grind at 2-2, but I feel like Brisket and her lineup can score 3 goals before turn 3 is over. I have played a few games with her and it makes pressure on your opponents very nervous. Just my musings on my newish guild

I'm totally down with this. Grind is not a word to be associated with the beautiful game. I mean how many times will you see Shark 'grind' a game out? I rest my case.

Brisket, Strongbox, Mist, Grace, Benediction, Gutter. Scores for fun, but if it goes tits up whip out a couple of take outs with Strongbox, Gutter and Benediction.

The only thing this lineup lacks is a lion!

5 hours ago, THE_DOJO_MIKE said:

I traded goals with a scoring Midas team evenly. It came down to one activation where he sealed the game 12-8. He knew he had to go for it or I would score and win. 

BH doesn't feel like a grind with the speed of both Mist and Snakeskin. Score, tackle, pass, score again. It might be the way I position the players, but I havent had many issues recovering the ball (Snakeskin MVP again). The only issue I have had is just trading goals, but that massively speeds up the game. 

21 hours ago, riffbw said:

BH, Coin, Decimate, Harry, Snakeskin, and Mist are my normal 6. 

Snakeskin is definitely interesting and I will have to give her a try before knocking her. I used to think she was for killing the ball only but I will check on the ball retrieval options. 

DOJO - much like you I have turned from my Butchers career to start a life of football with a Blackheart (blogging about it at Fishy wargaming under the series ‘loot & Plunder’).

but I’ve been runnning BH, Coin, Snakeskin, Hemlock, Decimate, Mist.  I’m finding the pure 3 goals hard but having Decimate able to set up a take down has helped.  I’ve found a goal with a Blackheart or big lgdry + def turn cripples opponents with this sort of high def team.

also Snakeskin I love to bunker the ball or just be a real annoyance with clone and +def.  can create havoc if played right or go down like a sack of pop I think my ultimate 10 might be a bit more rounded then yours but just being playing these 6 for now and footballs fun!

On 12/20/2017 at 11:11 AM, Strahleo said:

also Snakeskin I love to bunker the ball or just be a real annoyance with clone and +def.  can create havoc if played right or go down like a sack of pop I think my ultimate 10 might be a bit more rounded then yours but just being playing these 6 for now and footballs fun!

But when the focus her down, that's incluence that isn't being used against more useful characters in your lineup. She's got enough tech to not be worthless after coming back on either.

I have a hard time dropping Harry because of the area control and and scrum he brings. I play for 3-0, but Harry Decimate, and BH make for an easier shot at a 2-2 if it gets too tight. I have never tried Hemlocke in a 3-0 team, because I think the team would be too squishy with her placing Harry. 

Snakeskin with nimble and clone in tap in range makes snapshots harder for your opponent to ignore and easier to pull off. If they choose to pressure her you can either take that clone dodge and try to stay at tap in range or dodge to cover by the enemy goal post and make her that much worse to swing at.

On 22/12/2017 at 9:45 PM, riffbw said:

I have a hard time dropping Harry because of the area control and and scrum he brings. I play for 3-0, but Harry Decimate, and BH make for an easier shot at a 2-2 if it gets too tight. I have never tried Hemlocke in a 3-0 team, because I think the team would be too squishy with her placing Harry. 

I was really worried about the squishness of Hemlock.  But so long as she doesn’t get caught against a player with a low KD after she has activated or one that can KD and squish her I find her pretty durable.  As if she is KD when you activate her she can just throw that away then have the 6def for parting blow.

i found that having such a high def team (outside of BH) really makes it tough for people to get MOM from early.  While Harry ‘could’ be caught as a MOM Sponge.  

The fire control is great on him though, but I guess it depends on how you play.  I might start looking at Harry, Gutter & Benny to push into my line up soon too think they go well with the footballers