Mako

Winter Painting Contest

Is the deadline midnight Saturday night /Sunday morning or midnight Sunday night /Monday morning? 

In other words, do we have Sunday to finish our entries? 

12 minutes ago, Snow said:

Is the deadline midnight Saturday night /Sunday morning or midnight Sunday night /Monday morning? 

In other words, do we have Sunday to finish our entries? 

23:59 Sunday 14th GMT, which does give you Sunday to work on it if it’s going to be close :)

(I like to end contests at the end of a weekend rather than the start, specifically for those last moment all day paint sessions!)

3 hours ago, Mako said:

I keep getting Royal icing on mine, even when I don’t have my phone near the cake I’m working on!

On the subject of cakes, did anyone see the impressive Hemlocke cake that was at the back of the shop at Steam Con UK last year?

20 minutes ago, Mako said:

23:59 Sunday 14th GMT, which does give you Sunday to work on it if it’s going to be close :)

(I like to end contests at the end of a weekend rather than the start, specifically for those last moment all day paint sessions!)

Cool, cheers. Yeah, I somehow thought the deadline was in February, so that will definitely help! 

So asking the question here so as not to seem like a rule bender. Now purely hypothetically... @Mako If I have painted someone that is able to create a certain type of token that I may or may not have already made while painting him or her would I be able to add it into the photo with said someone?? Or is it safer not to for judging purposes? 

Just to be safe I will take some photos with and with the hypothetical custom made token that I may or may not have done to use all my extra snow I created. Like seriously that stuff goes a long way man!

@masterkdog I don’t have a problem with tokens being in the picture, as we’ll still be able to tell which is the model we’re meant to be judging.

They may not count towards the contest, but they won’t get you DQd :)

47 minutes ago, Mako said:

@masterkdog I don’t have a problem with tokens being in the picture, as we’ll still be able to tell which is the model we’re meant to be judging.

They may not count towards the contest, but they won’t get you DQd :)

phew

This is your 48 hour warning everyone... Once the thread locks, it's too late to enter so make sure you get things finished and photographed!

Argh! I'm so close - only 2 parcels and highlights on several patches to do, and now I remember I need to base and add snow to the damn thing!

3 hours ago, masterkdog said:

Yayyyyy I actually made it within deadline. Now wheres my Badge!!!!!!:P

Ok, you can have a badge. But no parade :P 

1 hour ago, Furnace said:

So that means.. Someone is getting a parade? 

Me, once the judging is over and I've announced the winners :P

@torarin welcome to the forums, glad we could tempt you off facebook!

I mainly use Facebook because it has been so easy to upload fotos,  Have been following all the great painting threads on this forum for a while now but never understod how to post my own pictures.

I wanted to participate in the mascot painting but as I mentioned I couldn't upload pictures before!

I want to say thank you Mako for organizing these painting contest and Im looking forward to contribute to future ones :)

I think you can link from Facebook to here, though I’m not sure how it’s done (I use imgur). I know @speedfreek links from twitter, he (or someone else) may know more :)

Done! Just waiting for the PVA to dry so I can take photos, but it's late so will have to do it tomorrow morning. Snow always looks better before you shake off all the excess :( ...

And that's it closed folks, at 25 entries!

I'm always happy to see how enthusiastic people are about these little contests, if I can get people painting stuff then it's worth it :)

The next steps then - Judging will go on this week, balancing the two criteria of Theme and Painting, and next weekend (with a bit of luck and no major disasters) we'll announce the winners. Then I'll get in touch with them to sort out getting their prizes sent out.

But regardless of who takes the top spots, you've all made it to Apprentice Artisan so there's bragging rights for you :D 

@Mako Thanks for putting this together!  It was a lot of fun to do this one-off and almost makes me want to do a Christmas-themed Brewers Guild!  Thankfully I already have a couple bruiser teams!

- Terminus -