Mako

Winter Painting Contest

3 minutes ago, Mako said:

Glad I've been able to get people to try new things and push themselves to finish something :D

@masterkdog if I'd realised how tempting the badges were, I'd have used them long ago!

More titles as well! :D

2 minutes ago, Zerachial said:

I'm not gonna lie... I'm starting to sweat that deadline :blink:

Fudge it! :D

There'll be another contest if you do miss it though, I’m hoping to run several more this year :)

3 minutes ago, Mako said:

There'll be another contest if you do miss it though, I’m hoping to run several more this year :)

Looking forward to more contests (:

On 1/8/2018 at 10:55 PM, Zerachial said:

I'm not gonna lie... I'm starting to sweat that deadline :blink:

Aye, same here. It's going to be rough. 

On 1/8/2018 at 11:15 PM, Mako said:

Fudge it! :D

That's awesome to hear! How often are you planning to run one? 

2 hours ago, Furnace said:

That's awesome to hear! How often are you planning to run one? 

Maybe every 3 months ish, it mostly depends on when I have an idea for a contest :P

They won’t all be painting though, after last year’s huge response to the writing challenge, I’m going to look into running more of those too :)

52 minutes ago, Mako said:

Maybe every 3 months ish, it mostly depends on when I have an idea for a contest :P

They won’t all be painting though, after last year’s huge response to the writing challenge, I’m going to look into running more of those too :)

Okay, the painting competition actually knocked me out of a long hiatus so I am quite excited to see more of these. Also the theme around it gives a pretty nice frame which to work around instead of trying to figure out my own. :D Now I have the whole faction theme up and running just by painting one model for the contest. 

All I have to do now is come up with theme ideas for my own stuff, and I’ll be able to think of ones for contests :D

33 minutes ago, masterkdog said:

@Mako While your at it I need a theme for my masons.....

I got one, but I'm afraid to share it, as I'm currently working on it :rolleyes:

Damn, I somehow had a February deadline in my head - better get working! :blink:

@Zerachial I like that one.  Looks good.  I think the tones are a little bland or flat, but that's something I've really struggled with on the Hunters and Brewers both since they seem to have so much leather and straps and nonsense.  I think you handled it pretty well.

I'm gonna get that badge! A few more details and some touch ups here and there and I'm gonna post up my entry, no more time to keep working at it, it is what it is. Though this was a really good learning experience, I learned to push my boundaries and pay more attention to detail. 

Mako, get another one going! :D

Finished last Night woohoo. Now I just need to find a camera that the kids havn't got finger smudges all over and try to take some semi decent photos.

16 minutes ago, masterkdog said:

Finished last Night woohoo. Now I just need to find a camera that the kids havn't got finger smudges all over and try to take some semi decent photos.

Soft focus filter :D

I keep getting Royal icing on mine, even when I don’t have my phone near the cake I’m working on!

hahaha funny you say that as my mini will be battling it out with my wifes fondant for first dibs to get pics taken tonight (she is making a my little pony dressed as batgirl cake). Will try all your above advice @Mako

I'm having trouble uploading a picture of my entry from Imgur. The URL I'm pasting in is not doing anything. any advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance

I use picload.org. But before posting, open the picture yourself in another tab, right-click the picture and copy the direct link. In this case you avoid advertisements.

And yes, my ballmarker is in!

17 minutes ago, TanE said:

I use picload.org. But before posting, open the picture yourself in another tab, right-click the picture and copy the direct link. In this case you avoid advertisements.

And yes, my ballmarker is in!

cheers for getting back to me. turned out changing brouser fixed it.