Lumpyseven

Team Fireball

Hey guys, has anyone tried Team Fireball out yet? Captain Burnish, Furnace, Cinder and Cast +2 randoms

I'm sure it's not optimal, but interested to see if anyone has had any success with it!

No but the thought crossed my mind, planning on doing some mix and match for better or worse once I have free games than in my leage ones (gotta gain me back some points after losing 12-0 to brewers (not bad considering I hadn't used the box before :D)

I think Hearth and Alloy as your last pair really round this team out. You get another good striker to pair with Cinder, and Hearth really turns Cinder on with  2" range to  make the most of UM. Burnish should be captain, but Furnace is not too shabby with tooled up on himself after Passing the Mantle.

I've been enjoying Ferrite, Farris, Hearth, Alloy, Bolt, and Cinder but this line up is next up to try.

On 12/5/2017 at 8:20 AM, Lumpyseven said:

Hey guys, has anyone tried Team Fireball out yet? Captain Burnish, Furnace, Cinder and Cast +2 randoms

I'm sure it's not optimal, but interested to see if anyone has had any success with it!

So I played against a blacksmith lineup that was Captain Burnish, Furnace, Farris, Cast, Iron, and Alloy. I played Union Vet Rage, strongbox, decimate, gutter, mist, and benny. 

HOLY CRAP!. If Burnish is within 2 players that an AOE can hit, then goodnight to those players. Tooled up and legendary should have taken out 2 players at the start of turn 2. (He missed a bonus time needing 3's) Burnish is a lot better than I gave him credit for so that was fun to watch!  

@THE_DOJO_JAKE

Tried this against Fillet let butchers (mentioned this on another post)

Would work well with a team that bundles up and Fillet and co are fairly spread out for butchers (compared to Ox lead anyway) so you didn't really get to capitalise on the AOE. But it did restrict movement turn 1 allowing me safe passage to move up. Sadly though got greedy and did the 3 next turn and that really was the game loser.

It achieved not nearly as much as turn 1 (and all I got was Boiler then) and meant I gave all ny INF away.

Anyway not saying it is a horrible team, i played it wrong, you could use Furnace to push people into a bundle to get more hits from Flame Belch. It really though is more a threat than anything, but to make it a threat you need to give the INF SOoo

I'm still faffing about with lists so I'll likely use it again and just keep having fun with me smiths