• Announcements

• Mako

Tales of Infamy   12/13/2017

Looking for more Guild Ball content? Just in the last week we've had new episodes of Singled Out, Double Dodge, Strictly the Worst and Don't Touch the Beard, as well as blogs from ForestRambo and MidwestWargaming! Check out Tales of Infamy in the Guild Ball section
Sign in to follow this  
Balefirestorm

Regarding the new plot cards (from Keynote)

Good info. Did not know they were talking about INF as a lever as well...not entirely sure how I feel about that. A bad draw and suddenly you're losing actions as well? Hmmm.

Pudding Proof Required.

Just now, EpicChris said:

Good info. Did not know they were talking about INF as a lever as well...not entirely sure how I feel about that. A bad draw and suddenly you're losing actions as well? Hmmm.

Pudding Proof Required.

I think it’s designed to be more that you lose actions *or* first activation, not both. But it seems more complicated than I expected so yeah, will have to wrap my head round it when it goes public!

Thanks @Atras!

I also worry, probably too much, about the addition of things that may be just making it more difficult and cluttered.... but perhaps I am in the vast minority on the whole "keep it as simple as possible" thing. :P 

2 hours ago, EpicChris said:

Nah, I'm a beacon of caution! :)

Have you checked the sky today?  :)

Don't look into the mirrors

Don't go outside

Don't look at the moon

Look at the moon

Let's look at it together

Everything is fine

On a serious note though, I was hoping the strength of cards would go down significantly, so that they are more a gimmic than a must have like Kneeslider. It's like... I have Kneeslider and Vengeance. Great. And you? Oh you can get your momentum back from that Heroic. THat is nice!

We'll see about it. I would love if the roll for initiative would go away, I usually roll 1's or 2's :D 

15 minutes ago, Banjulhu said:

Do we know if there will be a card in effect on Turn 1 when there is no normal determination of Initiative?

I didn't think to ask that (or overhear anyone else ask it), but I believe there will be a card played in turn one; whether that card determines the kicker/receiver or not I can't say.  I would guess that Kicking/Receiving will still be a dice roll, and the lowest Initiative card would be the safest play in turn one, but that is only a guess.