Sign in to follow this  
Sunny Ravencourt

Angel with Corsair

I played a lot at Steamcon and suffered the 2 goal curse with Shark.  I was always close, but not quite winning the matches.  The next day I brought out Corsair and felt a lot better about the world.  I was running Corsair Tent AG Hag oSiren and Grey into two blacksmith teams and an engineers.  It all went pretty well. 

What I'm really curious about is Angel.  I've never really played her and a lot of people talk about how her game works pretty well with Corsair.  I've found that the goal part of my corsair game is still struggling a bit, maybe due to committing to damage with AG.  If I was going into a damage team like Butchers or Union, I'm not sure AG is the answer.  I'm thinking that playing Corsair, Tent, Hag, Grey Angel osiren might be a better route.  Have Hag Tent and Corsair trying to drag and kill with oSiren supporting with lures and seduces from behind and then having Angel and Grey be my goal threats in space. 

If you put in Sakana instead of Angel you get a piece that can score almost as well as Angel and as a bonus do damage in the scrum and keep momentum gain up (it may only be a momentous :1: but it can make a difference in the long run).

Yeah.  I've been running sakana or greyscales with the corsair list, but I'm trying out some stuff to push my corsair game up.  I've been running Corsair Tent AG Hag Jac oSiren.  I may try vSiren.  Drop Jac and put in Angel?  Seems like most of the list is going after takeouts, but you need 2 goals to win that game anyways, so I need threat on both sides.  Angel is obviously strictly goal threat.  And I've heard that vsiren isn't awful either, although I'm not sure if losing the lure and seduce is too great a cost.  If they try to kill the ball, that seduce is awfully strong.