Hello guys,

I'm new player and I would like to make my own Morticians goal. I have no idea where to start. It would be nice, if you can give me advice, about what materials/tools/paint should I use. I would like to make me a coffin (something like on the picture attached, sorry for stealing to whoever did that great goal). I've been googling, but I'm little bit confused. Thanks for any advice! 

PS.: (I couldn't find any thread like this, so hopefully it will not be deleted, thank you.)

coffin.jpg

There's a goal post thread in the "display cabinet" forum that has some great goal inspiration.  The display cabinet section of the forum might be a better spot to get hobby advice than general.

That said, Hexy has a few different coffin & gravestone options (I think they're a collective group of sculptors)  https://hexy-shop.com/?s=coffins+gravestone&post_type=product&type_aws=true

They're based out of Poland, but I've ordered through them to the US.  Shipping was a bit steep, but I got a few things so it wasn't terrible.

Once you've got the pieces and parts you want, you prime and paint the goal just like any model.  Hope this helps!

Nudged this over to display cabinet so it gets more views from the painters and sculptors :)

Like others have said, there’s some good gravestones about if you know the names of your national hobby stores. Elementgames are pretty universal though, and there are a lot of choices in Europe.

If you want to make it yourself, then my advice would be to start with a chunk of foamcore (card with a layer of foam in the middle, I have no idea if foamcore is a specific brand) or dense insulation foam (usually blue or pink). You can cut that to the rough shape, then spread a thin layer of wall filler over them to get a rough stone look.

For the coffin, a similar thing works - if you want wooden panels, then just use a putty (green stuff, milliput or the like) to coat the foam instead of filler, and drag a knife down it to separate the planks. 

From there you can get more and more complicated, it depends on how much time and practice you have :) 

11 hours ago, Mako said:

Nudged this over to display cabinet so it gets more views from the painters and sculptors :)

Like others have said, there’s some good gravestones about if you know the names of your national hobby stores. Elementgames are pretty universal though, and there are a lot of choices in Europe.

If you want to make it yourself, then my advice would be to start with a chunk of foamcore (card with a layer of foam in the middle, I have no idea if foamcore is a specific brand) or dense insulation foam (usually blue or pink). You can cut that to the rough shape, then spread a thin layer of wall filler over them to get a rough stone look.

For the coffin, a similar thing works - if you want wooden panels, then just use a putty (green stuff, milliput or the like) to coat the foam instead of filler, and drag a knife down it to separate the planks. 

From there you can get more and more complicated, it depends on how much time and practice you have :) 

11 hours ago, Zozo said:

I ordered from Zealot Miniatures, I think they are very pro!

This was that I ordered, they are looking good enough for me! ;)

Gravestones

And this is so cool too:

Coffins

15 hours ago, ADG said:

Here's some gravestones ... these are UK shops, but if you're in US they might stock it in a shop over there too:

https://www.darksphere.co.uk/p.php?p=56415

http://elementgames.co.uk/games-workshop/warhammer-fantasy/tomb-kings/grave-stones-renedra

17 hours ago, JimO said:

There's a goal post thread in the "display cabinet" forum that has some great goal inspiration.  The display cabinet section of the forum might be a better spot to get hobby advice than general.

That said, Hexy has a few different coffin & gravestone options (I think they're a collective group of sculptors)  https://hexy-shop.com/?s=coffins+gravestone&post_type=product&type_aws=true

They're based out of Poland, but I've ordered through them to the US.  Shipping was a bit steep, but I got a few things so it wasn't terrible.

Once you've got the pieces and parts you want, you prime and paint the goal just like any model.  Hope this helps!

Thank you very much guys.

I didn't notice that thread in display cabinet, I though it's only for showing pictures of goals, silly me... I'm going to go through those websites you've linked and also thanks for your advice! I live in Scotland btw.

I'll post my goal,when I'll do one!

Cheers&Thanks!

Feel free to post questions in the display cabinet section as well as finished things. It’s where the painters tend to lurk, but don’t let that put you off :P 

Blotz do a couple of cool goals, including a coffin. Warbases do some nice raven models as well that will add a bit of atmosphere.

Plasticard, thin foam core and sticks of balsa can be good for building structures and objects for a goal. grabbing an interesting bit from a modelling kits is also an easy way to make a goal. Lots of people use pieces from Games Workshop kits as goals - Butchers especially love to use the goat and cow from the Giant kit for goals and I used the orrery from the Celestial Hurricanum for my Alchemist goal:

ECTDIWfl.jpg

On 10. 12. 2017 at 2:01 AM, S_A_T_S said:

Blotz do a couple of cool goals, including a coffin. Warbases do some nice raven models as well that will add a bit of atmosphere.

Plasticard, thin foam core and sticks of balsa can be good for building structures and objects for a goal. grabbing an interesting bit from a modelling kits is also an easy way to make a goal. Lots of people use pieces from Games Workshop kits as goals - Butchers especially love to use the goat and cow from the Giant kit for goals and I used the orrery from the Celestial Hurricanum for my Alchemist goal:

Way aye man, thanks for advice. I'll have a look now on stuff you've suggested. Your goal is just beautiful, good job.