Sign in to follow this  
cacklad

Cacklad's Hunters

So after being a Mortician fan boy since day 1 I have been tempted to give Hunters a go. Played against them a few times and their playstyle seems similar enough to Morts for me to enjoy but with some new tricks to learn to keep things fresh.

Next trick was to come up with a colour scheme that hadn't been done before - and there are some gorgeous teams out there that I can't hope to emulate so 'winter' or 'autumn' was out.

I decided on a crazy back-woods cannibal murder family theme, with hints towards a supernatural 'somethings not quite human' vibe to some of the players.

First up as a test scheme was Chaska:

ChaskaChaska

The colour scheme was turning out quite barren and desert like so I figured Fahad would be a sandy colour to blend in. To give him a bit of presence he got a big rock to pounce from....

FahadFahad

Zarloa's playbook gets a lot of flak but the model itself is stunning... definitely one of my favourites in the GB range. 

I wanted some height so she got a post to perch on, but that left her hand dangling. To continue the cannibal theme she got a freshly skinned trophy skull and some clothes made from the same victim:

ZarolaZarola

Zarola

This is great work! The colour scheme isn't oppressive in any way, so details of the models like Chaska's face with the brown/red beard or Zarola's face and her skull naturally become the focal point of the models. And as far as I can tell, you have put extra work into these focal points, which absolutely pays off. It is really well done. I love the conversions. I am sure they will look even better in a team shot.

The one thing I am unsure about is how they will look from a distance. They might feel a bit mute.