• Announcements

• Mako

Tales of Infamy   12/13/2017

Looking for more Guild Ball content? Just in the last week we've had new episodes of Singled Out, Double Dodge, Strictly the Worst and Don't Touch the Beard, as well as blogs from ForestRambo and MidwestWargaming! Check out Tales of Infamy in the Guild Ball section
Mako

Falconers!

18 minutes ago, Mako said:

I never sat and did the maths, I’ve just watched them flying and believed an expert when he said it’s roughly the same energy. Though for clarity, it was separate occasions I flew them and learned that - there was a falconer on a podcast episode I watched live, so he may have been talking about a smaller bird and I wasn’t paying enough attention. I’ll check with someone that was there and more awake ;)

Its one heck of a punch to the back of the neck either way :D

Update - I was misremembering, it’s a peregrine falcon. That tiny, adorable high speed bundle of angry! 

Peregrines aren't tiny, they are large for a falcon. Our smallest falcon is a merlin which is smaller than a kestrel. The biggest falcon in the world is the gyrfalcon.

So it looks like each model comes with a bird already ... Minerva has an owl and Falcon ... a falcon!

So, could this be another team (like blacksmiths) without mascots? Because they all have animals already? It seems like the birds won't be separate models (unlike Brainpan/Memory). So maybe they grant other effects instead ... better line-of-sight? Improved melee zones? Ranged attacks?

Unless there was a retriever dog mascot ... I think people often used dogs with falcons?

Yeah, peregrine holds the record for fastest animal - even if it is gravitationally assisted! Would love to see a massive bird like a sea eagle or a smart bird like a Caracara as a mascot. Would also love to see gyrfalcon, swallow tailed kites and merlin. Feel like the captain should be a mounted noble. 

6 hours ago, Dirial said:

Bit surprised that he's called Falcon. I mean... Falcon the Falconer? Really?

Morning guys! Just a quick update - at the SteamCon US we had a couple of art briefs with older (and incorrect) names from Doug. The correct names for these players are Minerva (Minnerva), and Mataagi (Falcon).

Sorry for the mix-up. If any of you guys had seen my hastily concealed look of confusion last night, I imagine it was quite a picture! 

1 hour ago, Sherwin said:

Mataagi (Falcon).

Given that the Hunter's names all mean Hunter in other languages I half expect this to mean Falcon.

Which honestly is pretty awesome if true. Can someone confirm?

Still think Koh would be cooler...

14 minutes ago, JacctheInsomniac said:

Given that the Hunter's names all mean Hunter in other languages 

I'm sure you think that. If we're generous we can allow the German word jäger for Jaecar. Could you provide the others?

2 hours ago, Anudem said:

I'm sure you think that. If we're generous we can allow the German word jäger for Jaecar. Could you provide the others?

Well Egret does not mean hunter. Its a heron like bird.

2 hours ago, JacctheInsomniac said:

Given that the Hunter's names all mean Hunter in other languages I half expect this to mean Falcon.

3/11 ?

3 hours ago, JacctheInsomniac said:

A Matagi is a Japanese winter hunter. 

3 minutes ago, Dirial said:

A Matagi is a Japanese winter hunter. 

I found on google that Mataagi with a double A is a region in Uganda. I think your option is better! (Maybe the SFG name should have one A?)

19 hours ago, Anudem said:

https://m.imgur.com/r/ImagesOfThe2010s/nkmHw

Who's the spirit bear? Better be Seenah!

Not a fan of the Seenah bear/Seenah  human in mid transformation. I'd rather pay extra and have a full bear model, and a full  human model and switch them in and out. Maybe it's just the shot of the sculpt I don't dig. Too much .like the wolf creature in the movie The Thing.

11 hours ago, JacctheInsomniac said:

Sherwin is the lead writer. Don't think we need anymore confirmation than that. 

54 minutes ago, JacctheInsomniac said:

"They hunt deer and bear, and their culture has much in common with the bear cult of the Ainu"

Could this mean anything for Seenah?

Probably not.

When I was getting into the game, a local at the shop told me when SFG announced Seenah they used the John Cena meme, so I am going with that.

1 minute ago, JacctheInsomniac said:

I really wanna stick it to Obulus.

Let all of them Morts know when Theron our land!

Chaskas I'm a nice guy I won't Minx words with you. Messing with Obbie is a good way to wind up bearied. I really think you'll Egret your decision to step to him. I'm Hearne what you're saying but it is time to drop the Fahad that we have any power against the Ferryman. I think you oughtta just accept his Ulfr and be content. Snow what I mean?

1 minute ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

Chaskas I'm a nice guy I won't Minx words with you. Messing with Obbie is a good way to wind up bearied. I really think you'll Egret your decision to step to him. I'm Hearne what you're saying but it is time to drop the Fahad that we have any power against the Ferryman. I think you oughtta just accept his Ulfr and be content. Snow what I mean?

Someone get a load of this Jaecar over here

Steamforged you need to release more information about these guys and put a stop to this. Can't you see we're cannibalizing ourselves under the weight of our anticipation.