• Announcements

• Mako

Tales of Infamy   12/13/2017

Looking for more Guild Ball content? Just in the last week we've had new episodes of Singled Out, Double Dodge, Strictly the Worst and Don't Touch the Beard, as well as blogs from ForestRambo and MidwestWargaming! Check out Tales of Infamy in the Guild Ball section
Sign in to follow this  
Toqtamish

Steamcon USA Keynote

1 hour ago, Redtiger7 said:

Where can we see the pics? I googled Phil Bowen and got several varied results.

All of this information was from Twitter @thatPhilBowen . He has pics.

Did someone say that Vet Seenah was a bear defending her cubs? Is the idea for a bear with extra cub models, or was that just a joke? (We got a very nice sheepdog with Vet Honour, so why not!)

1 hour ago, ADG said:

Did someone say that Vet Seenah was a bear defending her cubs? Is the idea for a bear with extra cub models, or was that just a joke? (We got a very nice sheepdog with Vet Honour, so why not!)

Yes that was one of the ideas. I also heard the cubs are containing her curse allowing her to remain human. 

5 hours ago, Toqtamish said:

Yes that was one of the ideas. I also heard the cubs are containing her curse allowing her to remain human. 

It would be kind of fantastic to get a Steam Con 2018 pack with Vet Seenah, three bear cubs, Vet Honour and a sheepdog!

I wonder if Vet Seenah makes the Guild Ball world a bit more explicitly "magical" ... although it's been hinted at before, and I saw recently that resin Minx was originally packaged with an optional wolf-head, so maybe not the first shape-shifter.

3 hours ago, ADG said:

It would be kind of fantastic to get a Steam Con 2018 pack with Vet Seenah, three bear cubs, Vet Honour and a sheepdog!

I wonder if Vet Seenah makes the Guild Ball world a bit more explicitly "magical" ... although it's been hinted at before, and I saw recently that resin Minx was originally packaged with an optional wolf-head, so maybe not the first shape-shifter.

Ulfr is a lycanthrope. And there’s wooden robots that have the soul or personality of deceased players. Magic has always been there. 

Yeah, it’s always been low key but present - from the physicians, to obulus’s KS sculpt floating slightly. 

Granted, this is a lot less subtle, but it’s not changing anything core :)

If they’re packing spirit bear, bear cubs, honour and a dog that’s got to make steamcon tickets a bit more expensive!

I hope it doesn’t end up with every vet design seminar in future years involving models with extra models attached. I can’t paint that fast :P

4 hours ago, ADG said:

Seems quite magical...

24296855_10214850482921587_3887554350469

5 hours ago, Toqtamish said:

Ulfr is a lycanthrope. And there’s wooden robots that have the soul or personality of deceased players. Magic has always been there. 

Point of order, Velocity never had Quistis’s personality, Hoist wasn’t based on anybody in particular, and Hoist is only just starting to show emergent intelligence. Ulfr also could just be a “wild man”, lycanthropic in the sense of going moon-crazy (ie, he’s a literal lunatic).

The only explicitly-magical stuff we’ve seen has been Scalpel’s spirit-magic and stuff related to it with Ghast, Cosset, and now Hemlocke, and none of that is really visible on the pitch. Spirit-Seenah would be a change in that regard.

1 hour ago, Siberys said:

Hoist is only just starting to show emergent intelligence.

Malritch < is only just starting to show emergent intelligence. :) Perhaps there is hope for a vMalritch yet. :P 

1 hour ago, Siberys said:

Point of order, Velocity never had Quistis’s personality, Hoist wasn’t based on anybody in particular, and Hoist is only just starting to show emergent intelligence. Ulfr also could just be a “wild man”, lycanthropic in the sense of going moon-crazy (ie, he’s a literal lunatic).

The only explicitly-magical stuff we’ve seen has been Scalpel’s spirit-magic and stuff related to it with Ghast, Cosset, and now Hemlocke, and none of that is really visible on the pitch. Spirit-Seenah would be a change in that regard.

Seenah has been referred to previously as being a human trapped in a bear. This just confirms that now. 

Ulfr is Animal and Human traits. 

I don't understand why some are so opposed to the magic that has always been there. This isn't medieval European setting or anything. 

9 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

Seenah has been referred to previously as being a human trapped in a bear. This just confirms that now. 

Ulfr is Animal and Human traits. 

The former was presented as an in-setting rumor, and the latter doesn't necessarily mean Ulfr changes into a wolfman on the pitch.

9 minutes ago, Toqtamish said:

I don't understand why some are so opposed to the magic that has always been there. This isn't medieval European setting or anything. 

I'm just saying that, while it's clear that magic exists in-setting, it's nowhere near as overt as "robots powered by souls" or "literal werewolf" would imply, and VSeenah as shown in the mockup is absolutely an increase in the amount of supernatural seen on-pitch.

Because explicit magic is really boring imo. The only thing I concede as magic is Harry's hat, and thats just cause I like the Mask which it feels like.

I really hope Sherwin finds a way to make this ambiguous like the rest of the game but jeez SCUS didn't make it easy on him...

On 12/4/2017 at 10:50 AM, Spinsane said:

Hopefully this means sBrisket finally becomes available again from sources other than eBay and the odd store still stuck with extra stocks...

Glad I was right all along and the Church is now the Union's minor! :) I wonder if Harry will be packaged into the Solthecian box, or if he'll be sold seperately on his own...

Considering what we have currently in the 2 Union boxes, the following players are in neither:

- sBrisket, Grace, Benediction, Harry, Mist

Of these, only two (Grace and Benediction) can be purchased from Steamforged.

I'd have to assume that we'll eventually get a 6-man Solthecian box that includes sBrisket, the previewed Pride, sSpigot and Harry, as well as a possibly new Mist and a final new player. This would mean the Church would now have a full 6-man roster (Brisket, Pride, Spigot, Grace, Benny, NewPlayer) and access to two crossover models (Mist and Harry).

Kinda strange, however, that the Union/Church crossovers would be sold backwards (with the two Union players who play for the Church being sold in the Church box)...

My understanding was that Harry resculpt was part of the Church box, as he was shown during the talk about future Minor Guild boxes, not during the potential plastic resculpts section. I’d put the Church box contents at Brisket, Pride, Grace, Benediction, Spigot, and Harry. Harry would most likely be one of the two who’d play up, and Mist probably plays down. 

5 hours ago, AduroT said:

.Harry would most likely be one of the two who’d play up, and Mist probably plays down. 

Harry playing up? I can't help but feel that what we saw is just an alternate-sculpt Harry, not a Veteran/Seasoned one; is there anything I missed?.

To me, it sounds as though the two play-downs are Mist and Harry, with Grace and Benny as the play-ups...

Edited by Spinsane
Realized when I saw my post quoted just how many typos I'd made... Sorry!

53 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

Harry playing up? I can't help but feel that what we saw is just an alternate-sculpt Harry, not a Veteran/Seasoned one; is tbere anything I missed?.

To me, it sounds as tbough the two play-downs are Mist and Harfy, with Grace and Benny as the pkay-ups...

I agree with you. Unless there's some sort of Harry-comes-back-to-life-mularkey then that was probably an alternate sculpt, like the Coin solthecian alt-sculpt.

11 hours ago, Ik-tornado said:

Because explicit magic is really boring imo. The only thing I concede as magic is Harry's hat, and thats just cause I like the Mask which it feels like.

I really hope Sherwin finds a way to make this ambiguous like the rest of the game but jeez SCUS didn't make it easy on him...

Skatha is explicitly stated to be possessed by a god. I assume that probably fits there too. 

I'm also confident magis is explicitly mentioned when the sawbones are fixing up Brisket in season one but I don't know that 100%.

2 minutes ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

Skatha is explicitly stated to be possessed by a god. I assume that probably fits there too. 

I'm also confident magis is explicitly mentioned when the sawbones are fixing up Brisket in season one but I don't know that 100%.

I just like to think that "magic" and other things we would perceive to be supernatural abilities are such common place in The Empire of the Free Cities that people just don't bat an eyelid at it..