Sign in to follow this  
Jedianakinsolo

Morticians Gameplan

I've stumbled into Guilds #8 and #9 for me, the latter being the Blacksmiths, and the former being the Morticians.  I stayed away from them in S2 since everyone had them over here, but I've been interested in them for S3 with the Farmers and Blacksmiths coming on scene with high vulnerability to control.  I'll get them in sometime next week, everyone but Scalpel, Graves2 and Vileswarm, oh and BPM.  I ordered Bonesaw separately, more for the sculpt than anything, and that's probably it.  Next to no interest in Scalpel, Graves2 or Vileswarm.  I want BPM eventually for sure, but not super critical atm.

What kind of games have you folks been seeing? 1-4, 2-2?  Who do you count on for takeouts?  Who are your auto includes?

Off the top of my head, I'm all in on Obulus.  Graves1 and Dirge look indispensable.  Mist for scoring opportunities into fighting teams.  Ghast probably all the time because of control.  Cosset for a takeout or lure.  Silence for control.  Mist and Cosset probably switch out depending on the situation.  Casket will be in my 10 for fun, or if I think I stand a good chance of using his legendary.  Then Bonesaw in there for filler.  Maybe take him against super brawling teams and go for a 2-0 game. 

When would you not take Mist? (excluding the perfectly good reason of getting ready to lose Union)

When would you not take Cosset?

When do you think is a reliable time to take Casket?

Is there any reason not to take Ghast regularly?

Who does Obulus fear other than Thresher?

Obulus, Dirge and Graves are must-have for me.

I'd rather take Bonesaw over Mist if there are GIC allowed - Ghost Shot makes him far better.

Cosset is fine if You feel like your team hits harder than opposing one, which is scarce ;) With 12hp, 4+/0, no defensive tech and crazy she dies instantly. 

Casket Time is solid if you're sure You can catch enemy striker after he shots - so no Knee Slider in enemy hand, no access Second Wind. It's huge tempo swing.

The reason I rarely take Ghast is his 1 influence and 4"/7" mov. This team is not efficent (and control eats a lot of resource not realy gaining any VP or MP) so You need that 13-14 to do Your things. And I find Casket more valuable, provided You put someone in the box.

Obulus is not super-strong anymore. He's sneaky, slippery and hard to play against but he's uneffecicent damage dealer, poor footballer and, if enemy has a way around his UM and low KD, dies easily. Tapper&Hooper duo just stomps him ;) Corsair is his nightmare. 

38 minutes ago, el009 said:

Obulus, Dirge and Graves are must-have for me.

I'd rather take Bonesaw over Mist if there are GIC allowed - Ghost Shot makes him far better.

Cosset is fine if You feel like your team hits harder than opposing one, which is scarce ;) With 12hp, 4+/0, no defensive tech and crazy she dies instantly. 

Casket Time is solid if you're sure You can catch enemy striker after he shots - so no Knee Slider in enemy hand, no access Second Wind. It's huge tempo swing.

The reason I rarely take Ghast is his 1 influence and 4"/7" mov. This team is not efficent (and control eats a lot of resource not realy gaining any VP or MP) so You need that 13-14 to do Your things. And I find Casket more valuable, provided You put someone in the box.

Obulus is not super-strong anymore. He's sneaky, slippery and hard to play against but he's uneffecicent damage dealer, poor footballer and, if enemy has a way around his UM and low KD, dies easily. Tapper&Hooper duo just stomps him ;) Corsair is his nightmare. 

2.  How are you using the GIC?  And what specifically makes him better with it?  I only play GIC anymore.

3.  Yeah, definitely a glass cannon.  Makes sense.  I accidentally killed her with Thresher once.

4.  That's a great point. 

6.  See, I hate Obulus from a Brewer perspective.  Good Ol' Jakes Tapper could kill him, but not anymore.  Hooper only comes in my 10 anymore because Obulus exists, because otherwise, Pint Pot and Stoker both outclass Hooper by miles.  Corsair, I can understand being an issue, but even then, I don't feel like either Corsair or Tapper can one-round him without a lot of help, and a lot of help is a lot of opportunities to disrupt.

4 minutes ago, Jedianakinsolo said:

2.  How are you using the GIC?  And what specifically makes him better with it?  I only play GIC anymore.

3.  Yeah, definitely a glass cannon.  Makes sense.  I accidentally killed her with Thresher once.

4.  That's a great point. 

6.  See, I hate Obulus from a Brewer perspective.  Good Ol' Jakes Tapper could kill him, but not anymore.  Hooper only comes in my 10 anymore because Obulus exists, because otherwise, Pint Pot and Stoker both outclass Hooper by miles.  Corsair, I can understand being an issue, but even then, I don't feel like either Corsair or Tapper can one-round him without a lot of help, and a lot of help is a lot of opportunities to disrupt.

Ghost Shot works with 'friendly guild' only and that's like 2,2" extra range that takes BS just over 18" of goal threat. And those 2" extra are a deal breaker for me, cause his playbook is far superior to Mists one and Meditate makes him super reliable (u can even reroll succesful dice looking for a screamer ;) ). If You have GIC AND you can score T1 - BS is a way to go. In other cases just go with Mist ;) 

Obulus with 3-4 hp left after mis meeting with Corsair will not be as cocky as before ;) He will have to stay out of action and heal up and he usualy does the heavy lifting - without him stacked with inf Spooks are just a bunch of weaklings ;)

Take a close look at Skulk, for me he looks like solid support for Graves and Ferryman.

I actually had a lot of luck with both Casket and Ghast. They are two bruisers that take a lot to get through, and you really can't afford to take parting blows from Ghast.

Those two were such resource sinks for my opponents that I could focus on the rest of my gameplan. 

Give it a shot