Snow

Union 101

14 hours ago, Snow said:

It occurred to me to ask if there are any matchups where union actually want to play football? Thresher I guess?

Yes, Farmers in General - dont´get much better vs. Grange... Doesn´t see how to kill them if the Farmer Player don´t make some serious mistakes.

But in my oppinion you can play quite good football with vRage as well.

Was just reading the interview with the guy that won UK lcq with union. He was playing vRage, but advocating Seabrisket into farmers. I can see the logic in that so will try her in my next farmers game. 

Any tips for Seabrisket into farmers or vRage into blacksmiths? 

8 hours ago, Snow said:

Any tips for Seabrisket into farmers or vRage into blacksmiths? 

The apprentices are probably the easiest take outs.  Use Snakeskin to kill the ball since Blacksmiths will score frighteningly fast if you let them.

4 hours ago, MechMage said:

The apprentices are probably the easiest take outs.  Use Snakeskin to kill the ball since Blacksmiths will score frighteningly fast if you let them.

Hear you on the goal threat!

Was just chatting to someone who recommended taking Hemlock, as the blacksmiths are relatively weak to ranged character plays. I'd then sit the ball on her, with Def 5 and not wanting to get into the scrum anyway, working at range. 

I like Snakeskin and have a bit more experience using her (I haven't played hemlock yet), but I can see the advantages of Hemlock in what I see as the flex slot here. I like that she's not using influence or forcing activation order to defend the ball. 

Rest of the team I currently see as :

VRage, Strongbox, Decimate, Gutter and Benediction 

With the last two positioning my targets advantageously, as I attempt to force scrum location to pick off more vulnerable, isolated targets 

Sound any good? 

Also wondering if anyone knows of any blacksmith /union match reports /steamed videos? 

Or any other good videos about blacksmiths? 

I actually really like Brisket3 into Hammer.  She's nearly impossible for him to catch and kill with her Unpredictable Movement and legendary.  I usually take Gutter into that team though, and maybe Rage1 or Minx for Momentum.  I generally like Brisket3 into most fighting teams.  Hammer, Butchers, possibly Brewers (Have to watch for Tapper though) and Hunters.  Otherwise, probably all Rage, all day.

Rage2 into blacksmiths is what I'm told.  He casually deletes Apprentices faster than they can do anything else.  Again, Gutter is good there, as is Decimate (Unpredictable Movement).  Mist is a good kickoff model there, but that's probably the only goal you'll get.  I like Benny for holding the ball but that's pretty nearly impossible against Cinder or Alloy so I might trade him out for Harry there so I still have the pushes and some control.

Hi there! I'm gonna use union for 1st time on a tournament this weekend and I'm looking for some tips on lineup. I currently have blackheart, vrage, Mist, minx,A&G, coin, gutter, decimate and snakeskin. Any recommendation for the lineup?

Take them all?  I'd probably play Rage2 in every game.  Mist, Coin, Gutter, Decimate and Minx is pretty decent.  I don't know what I would trade any of them out for, given the options that you have.  Snakeskin maybe to hide the ball against Blacksmiths, Alchemists or Fish but that's about it.

2 hours ago, Jedianakinsolo said:

Take them all?  I'd probably play Rage2 in every game.  Mist, Coin, Gutter, Decimate and Minx is pretty decent.  I don't know what I would trade any of them out for, given the options that you have.  Snakeskin maybe to hide the ball against Blacksmiths, Alchemists or Fish but that's about it.

That's the team I was thinking, I want to try avarisee but don't know by who

On 14/12/2017 at 8:24 AM, Jedianakinsolo said:

I actually really like Brisket3 into Hammer.  She's nearly impossible for him to catch and kill with her Unpredictable Movement and legendary.  I usually take Gutter into that team though, and maybe Rage1 or Minx for Momentum.  I generally like Brisket3 into most fighting teams.  Hammer, Butchers, possibly Brewers (Have to watch for Tapper though) and Hunters.  Otherwise, probably all Rage, all day.

Rage2 into blacksmiths is what I'm told.  He casually deletes Apprentices faster than they can do anything else.  Again, Gutter is good there, as is Decimate (Unpredictable Movement).  Mist is a good kickoff model there, but that's probably the only goal you'll get.  I like Benny for holding the ball but that's pretty nearly impossible against Cinder or Alloy so I might trade him out for Harry there so I still have the pushes and some control.

Not sure about mist into armour, as tac 4 can be painful. I hadn't really thought about Benny for holding the ball, but with 2 armour and potentially braced and stand firm that could be alright. Plus it means I can take my full punchy list 

Rage 2, Strongbox, Decimate, Gutter, Benediction, Minx 

Then I have the option of holding Benediction back with the ball or sending him into the scrum. Potentially looking for a goal to finish with maybe Decimate. 

I do want somebody dedicated to holding the ball as necessary. Blacksmiths goalscoring seems too good not to. Sound any good?